Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was a kid, going round to my nans and having a fry up was great... one of the main delicacies I used to look forward to as part of the fine grub that was served up (what is it with grandparents and excellent fry-ups?) was the black pudding... oh what a treat it was.

When I was 14 though (yes, it took me that long to find out, but I was a vegetarian for about 3 years) and someone told me it was made of blood... I never had it again UNTIL a few weeks ago when I finally brought myself to eat a piece at the pub (it was free)... it was just like old times... mmmm

Mind you, one food I will not eat now is Chicken Nuggets, especially after seeing "Tonight with Trevor McDonald" when they filmed how they were made secretly... enough to put you off them for life.

·
Keeper of Venus & Serena,
27,442 Posts
Hot Dogs -- I have not eaten them for about 6 years now.

Any type of poultry product (chicken, turkey, etc.) I haven't eaten for about 3 years now.

Once, when I was about 8, we told our next-door neighboor (while she was eating a McDonald's hamburger) that hamburger came from cow. She didn't believe us, but when the grown-ups told her, she started to cry. ;)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
In Belgium we have this thing called BIFI, it's kind of a dry saucage packed in a piece of plastic, I used to eat tons of em, but then I read what was in them and I never ate one since.
I'm also a vegetarian now for about 2 years so I don't eat ANY meat for that matter.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I know it's not food but I stopped drinking diet coke when I heard about the aspartaam. that's it. I used to drink 1,5 litre pro day!

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,024 Posts
irma said:
I know it's not food but I stopped drinking diet coke when I heard about the aspartaam. that's it. I used to drink 1,5 litre pro day!
Drink Coke Classic. I drink 2l per day for already 10 years..

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Well I try to stay away from Jello since it is made from cow hooves, or is it bone, either way YUCK. However, I still do jello shots because atleast those will fuck me up.

I would never eat anything made out of blood, ewww!

I dont see how people can be vegetarian. I don't know what my meals would consist of!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
It's still spaghetti bolognaise, but without the meat. Doesn't taste quite as good anymore ;)

In general I'm pretty good at forcing myself to eat green crap or whatever. After all, it's only in your mouth for a couple of seconds before it's gone so it's not that hard. :)

·
Registered
8,405 Posts
When I was 8 we ate some kind of meat, I didn't know what it was and I liked it. After we ate it, I heard my mum saying that it was ox-tongue. Since I know it was tongue, I didn't eat it anymore....

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mmm, tongue.

I can't see how some people can eat tongue... I mean, it's TONGUE!

My nan buys them chicklings thingies, cow intestines sir? No thanks!

·
Registered
925 Posts
I had haggis once and thought it was really nice and then someone told me it was actually a sheep's stomach or is wrapped in the lining of a sheep's stomach :eek: Needless to say I have never eaten it again!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funnily enough... I'd actually have haggis again even now I know what it was. It's a Burns night thing down here though, I hate it when English people celebrate Burns Night as a much as I hate English people celebrating St Patricks Day.

Anyway.

I found out tonight that eggs come from inside a chicken! Eurgh! Not having those again. I thought they came from the egg plant ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts