Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aryna :yeah: :D :)
Was worried about the prospect of playing Pome on clay, but that's a solid result :)

Amanda in R2 again. The winner has a great chance of a really deep run here.

·
Registered
39,725 Posts
Cibi's rotten draws continue. Might have been her last RG Sabalenka will fly a bit under the radar here, I think

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L29 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
42,278 Posts
Domi :sad: she didn’t take her early chances.

Rest up for the grass lots of points to defend at Wimbledon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
Saw a few games in the 2nd set that went by in a flash, Aryna was kind of peaking. Domi finally put up some resistance when facing 3 MPs but it was too late. Big clean hitting from Sabalenka in those games, though i'm sure the first set was tougher.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Can't wait for cheating Cibulkova to draw Osaka or Pliskova or Bencic in R1 of Wimbledon and lose again and fall out of the top 50! Fully deserved bad luck for all the shit she's pulled.

·
Registered
34,198 Posts
I saw the early part of the first set and was really impressed by the quality :eek:. Sabalenka is a beast, and Pome was matching her at that point. Somehow I feel that every time I watch Pome these days though I'm impressed by her level yet she manages to lose. Sabalenka looked dialed in though and she has a great draw, so I would not be surprised if she does some damage here, although Anisimova won't be easy.

Also lmao some weird observations from when it started raining in the first set. Pome was serving and it lightly started to drizzle but Pome refused to play even though Aryna wanted to. After a long pause, Pome went and sat down, which forced Aryna to follow suit. For some reason Pome had a ballboy holding up her umbrella, while Aryna was holding her own (maybe that was her preference though), which looked pretty uncomfortable and the umbrella was a bit crooked. Suddenly the rain got a little harder and Pome got up and booked it off the court, so Aryna followed a minute later. Matches continued on every other court throughout the whole ordeal so I was not at all impressed by Pome's attitude and left to go see other matches at that point :rolleyes:.

Reactions: Sobachka

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Cibi's rotten draws continue. Might have been her last RG Sabalenka will fly a bit under the radar here, I think

Seed the top 64 in Grand Slams, and the top half in other tournaments and the rotten draws would be greatly reduced.
There is absolutely no reason for stars to play stars in the 1st round.
-
The tournament directors are living in cavewoman days.
The dept of the field today is too great not to seed half the field.

·
Registered
22,687 Posts

Seed the top 64 in Grand Slams, and the top half in other tournaments and the rotten draws would be greatly reduced.
There is absolutely no reason for stars to play stars in the 1st round.
-
The tournament directors are living in cavewoman days.
The dept of the field today is too great not to seed half the field.
This is not a good idea.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts