Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1-5 down in the FS saves 2mps Great job Becca :bigclap:

AndREyfhaihfil4237427834 chokes again for the 4738423 times in her career :tears:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Beccaaaaaaaa. Followed the live scores and thought she's done at 1-5. Remarkable comeback in the third

·
Registered
27,442 Posts
Good for Rebecca, don’t think she qualifies though as she’s hardly played on clay since her comeback
Also, I don’t think I’ll ever learn Tessa’s surname :tears:

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
Tessah is going nowhere. What an headcase she is.

·
Registered
8,121 Posts
Happy for Rebecca, but actually sad for Tessah: she was my favourite home QWC, came so close to winning and even picked up some kind of leg injury in the 3rd. She has nice strokes but is often too passive and really hasn't happened so far, always stuck in the 250-350 range. Maybe she'll get it together at some point, still only 20 after all.

·
Rest in peace Bally
15,161 Posts
Becs! :woohoo: :inlove:

Keep going gurl! :cheer:

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
Reactions: ^bibi^

·
Registered
53,984 Posts
She started her comeback on clay, she played like 3 $15K in a row
No. Antalya does have some tournaments on hardcourts and obviously those were the ones Marino chose to start her comeback.

·
Registered
16,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She started her comeback on clay, she played like 3 $15K in a row
I remember they were all hardcourts and she played 1 on clay and lost in QF against some girl

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
She didn't deserve to play in RG
Lol. Ok. Cause now giving a QWC to a 20yo inside the top 350 is outrageous too ?

I can understand the rants about some MDWC. But this ?

Reactions: posthuman and Javi

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
Congrats Marino
A...trimo :facepalm:

Marino in Japan was playing on "carpet with sand" ??? I guess it doesn't qualify as perfect preparation for clay, or is it a cheap way of achieving a similar surface? First time I ever heard about that surface.

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Congrats Marino
A...trimo :facepalm:

Marino in Japan was playing on "carpet with sand" ??? I guess it doesn't qualify as perfect preparation for clay, or is it a cheap way of achieving a similar surface? First time I ever heard about that surface.
Actually it's quite the opposite of clay besides the sliding. It is really really fast and balls are coming flat and it plays more like grass.

·
Registered
11,948 Posts
They are called Omni Courts.. Quite common in Japan and you also get them in the UK... In my experience how they play can vary but generally they tend to be low bouncing and medium-fast paced.

·
Registered
17,687 Posts
Another scrub in the making of the Lim/Georges/Hesse caliber who will live off the yearly WC in Roland Garros. Exciting times ahead of us.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
There was a long delay in the third set on Rebecca's serve. Must have been the medical timeout of Andrianjafitrimo. It's unfortunate for Tessah, she was near the finish line at 5-1.

I am happy that Rebecca managed to claw her way back and not lose focus. She needed the long match with her lack of clay matches. Onward to Q2!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts