Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Karastev was embarrassing after S1 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
At one point there was a 14/15 pts for Salisbury/Krawczyk :D

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Karastev was embarrassing after S1 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
At one point there was a 14/15 pts for Salisbury/Krawczyk :D
To be fair Lena threw in some totally rubbish points towards the end to try and cheer him up. :LOL: But yeah he just disappeared mid match.

But well done to Desirae. And at least the UK's 100 wait for a RG title has come to an end.:LOL:

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
It's weird because he was SO good at the start of the match, and all their other matches this week. I think he knew it too by his reaction at the end.

I was never a big fan of Vesnina, but after knocking out the #2 and #3 seeds and winning the first set I was hoping they could close out this title. Would have been a nice comeback for Lena and a cool first slam title for Aslan. The fact that he was even playing mixed was a surprise to me lol.

Her form was spotty this week but I loved her speech and positive attitude. I wonder if these two will play at the Olympics together.

Nice moments for Des who gets to win this slam after losing the womens doubles finals last year (and flopping out in R1 with Alexa this year). Hopefully this will soften the blow!

I do hope to see some stronger Mixed Doubles draws at the remaining 2 slams of the year.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
I really hoped Elena will take her chance here. But congragulation to winners

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
It's weird because he was SO good at the start of the match, and all their other matches this week. I think he knew it too by his reaction at the end.

I was never a big fan of Vesnina, but after knocking out the #2 and #3 seeds and winning the first set I was hoping they could close out this title. Would have been a nice comeback for Lena and a cool first slam title for Aslan. The fact that he was even playing mixed was a surprise to me lol.

Her form was spotty this week but I loved her speech and positive attitude. I wonder if these two will play at the Olympics together.

Nice moments for Des who gets to win this slam after losing the womens doubles finals last year (and flopping out in R1 with Alexa this year). Hopefully this will soften the blow!

I do hope to see some stronger Mixed Doubles draws at the remaining 2 slams of the year.

The Wimbledon Mixed Doubles tends to be a bit stronger so hopefully that will be the case again......

Alsan's game theoretically I reckon would work well on the grass. But being pretty inexperienced on grass and new to Mixed Doubles...I think couldn't expect too much even if he has recovered from this trauma enough go give it another go. :p

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The Wimbledon Mixed Doubles tends to be a bit stronger so hopefully that will be the case again......

Alsan's game theoretically I reckon would work well on the grass. But being pretty inexperienced on grass and new to Mixed Doubles...I think couldn't expect too much even if he has recovered from this trauma enough go give it another go. :p
Do you think Wimbly will see more same nation pairs as a preparation for OG?

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Will certainly be a few more but imagine a lot of people will stick with their regular partner - or of course aren't going to the Olympics anyway.
True. But I feel there is not that much stable pairs in mix anyway :)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
It s a shame Krejcikova lost in mixed. She had amazing chance to win singles, doubles, mixed at one grand slam like Serena on her prime.
Polasek isnt exactly that impressive (still one of the best we have :D)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Salisbury is the first Brit to win at Roland Garros in eons. It’s been 39 years since a Brit has won any of the five major titles at Roland Garros.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Salisbury is the first Brit to win at Roland Garros in eons. It’s been 39 years since a Brit has won any of the five major titles at Roland Garros.
Even in juniors?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Even in juniors?
Five major titles = Mens Singles, Womens Singles, Womens Doubles, Men's Doubles, and Mixed. Michelle Tyler in 1976 was the last junior singles title, and Kyle Edmund in 2013 was the last Doubles Junior Title Winner.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I second it or third it or however many mentioned the collapse of Karatsev after the first set. And also agree withy post that Vesnina was "spotty." Real disappointment after their upset victories in the quarters and semis. So Desi having quite a year with doubles titles at Adelaide and Strasbourg too. I remember seeing her at Rancho Santa Fe ITF in 2017 lose to former USC star Maria Sanchez in singles 4 and 2 and only won one game in her only doubles match with partner Krampernova (never heard of her) to Kayla Day and Caroline Dolehide.

·
Registered
55,224 Posts
Do you think Wimbly will see more same nation pairs as a preparation for OG?
Salisbury already ditching Krawzcyk for the almighty Harriet Dart in Wimbledon lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts