Schedule of play

Tuesday : Players' Party ;)
Wednesday : Singles Quarterfinals Top Half

Thursday : Singles Quarterfinals Bottom Half + Doubles Semifinals
Friday : Singles Semifinals + Doubles Final
Saturday : Singles Final

Important informations

1 : It's the last event with seeding based on the commitment order
2 : You HAVE TO send new points for this event - we don't have any previos points
3 : Deadline to make doubles teams is on Wednesday 8 a.m. CET
4 : Deadline to send points in doubles is on Thursday 8 a.m. CET

5 : Deadline to send points in singles is on Wednesday 8 a.m.

Players' points to use this week :

All - 65

Good luck - have fun and support your friends!

·
Registered
4,745 Posts

·
Registered
23,514 Posts
Coetzer/Schett?

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
Tatiana / Paola?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
geegables said:
Capriati/Vento kabchi it is:)

who sends points ?
I sent points last time but I can send them again if you want.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

FLT weekly magaizne Vol. 3

Silvia Farina Elia - first FLT Season 3 leader!

We're already after the first week of FLT Season 3. Our fighting ladies played in the capital of New Zeland - Wellington!

After one of the most rainy weeks in New Zeland's history, we were finally able to finish this event on Sunday evening. And who was the best? Italian Silvia Farina Elia who won against Tamarine Tanasugarn from Thailand by 6/0, 4/6, 6/0. She was very happy after her win, because her previous season in FLT were not so good. Let's see what she told us during the press conference...

"I feel great! It's a wonderful feeling to win your first title, especially after beating FLT leader in previos seasons, Tamarine Tanasugarn. I think that I played better and better in this tournament and I hope to keep this great form to Australian Open. I know that after my win here I will be the favorite in Melbourne, but honestly I think that Grand Slam is still something too big for me. Anyway, I'm really happy with my current disposition and I will do everything to play my best in Australian Open, just like earn some points in Sydney next week"
Tamarine Tanasugarn who lost in the final has also left Wellington with a winning trophy. She and her Thai friend Suchanan Viratprasert won the doubles event after they had defeated number 1, 2 and 3 seeding pairs!

Sydney's Flu Epidemy? What's wrong with our players?

Our players moved to Sydney, one of the nicest cities in Australia. They will play in Sydney Morning Herald Open which is also Tier B, just like Wellington. The draw for 16 players looks very interesting. There are already some big matches in first round. Pistolesi vs. Talaja, Tanasugarn vs. V.Williams or Hingis vs. de Los Rios are only few of them. Unofrunately it is said that there's a flu epidemy in Australia and many FLT players are ill... Hopefully they will recover soon, go on court on time and play.

Sydney's Tennis Centre is one of the best in a whole world. Some of the tournaments in FLT calendar can't be sure about being there in next season. Sydney Morning Herald Open will be played for next four possible season for sure! Why? It's one of the best organised tournaments that organisers can imagine - FLT supervisors are not alone with their work... One of the people that help a lot is Nancy Boom, Sydney's Tennis Centre's director.

"I'm honoured to help FLT supervosors with organising Sydney Morning Herald Open. We tried to organise this event in Sydney from the begging of FLT, but we had no good luck. Finally we can say that we welcome people in our lovely city on FLT Tier B! I think that we have done everything what we could do before the event. Courts are definitely well prepared, just like hotels for players and our guests. The only thing we can't be absolutely sure about is Sydney's weather, but it is usually nice in July. We hope that all the players, including last week's winner Farina-Elia, will show a lot of good tennis and our public won't go home from the court unsatisfied." - Nancy Bloom said

First chalenger of the season!

We don't play only in Sydney this week. Our players also went to Osaka where we play in Mizuna Japanese Open. This event is smaller than in previous FLT seasons, but it doesn't mean that good tennis won't be guest in Osaka in this week! Tatiana Golovin, Barbara Schett or Maria Vento Kabchi can always show us a lot of good tennis. French teenager will be definitely the favorite there, but is she already prepared for wins?

"Oh, stupid question. Of course I am! Well, it's normal that the youngest player in tour is always too nervous during the matches against the veterans and I showed that in my match against Amanda Coetzer. I guess you meant that. What can I say... I think that I'm prepared to win especially in smaller events like this one. It's why I choosed Osaka. I need more matches, more wins... Talent is not everything, because I can play like the best in a whole world during the trainings, but it's nothing when I suck in normal events. I think that I can win here and then I will be much more experienced to win in bigger tournaments. I hope so"

Maria's coming back!

Maria decided to come back! We are really happy with her decisions as everyone knows that she's one of the most popular girls of this tour. She had many ups and downs, but she's always ready to make a great results. She asked about a WC in Canberra and even there's still no decision from Canberra's organisers, I think that Masha's fans can buy tickets to see their queen. Nice to see you again Maria!

Maria Sharapova is one of the most popular FLT players. She won a lot of awards after Season 1 and she is our first leader ever! It will be one year ago soon when she won her first event in Adelaide... But these are not her only succeses. She's the winner of the US Open, she was also in the final of Wimbledon in Season 1. In Year Ending Championships Season 1 she played in a dramatic semifinal against Gabriela Sabatini and this match will be definitely remembered for many years. Once again - great to have you back, Masha, we wish you good luck and a lot of succeses, just like two seasons ago!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wednesday Schedule of Play

Court 1

3 p.m.
Tatiana Golovin vs. Maria Vento Kachi
followed by
Mervana Jugic Salkic vs. Barbara Schett

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mizuna Japanese Open
Osaka, JPN

Tatiana Golovin FRA vs. Maria Vento Kabchi VEN

1-0
1-1
1-2 (CT)
2-2
3-2
4-2
5-2
5-3
5-4
6-4 (CT)

Tatiana Golovin leads 6-4, second set

0-1
1-1
2-1
3-1
4-1 (CT)
4-2
4-3
4-4
5-4 (CT)
6-4

After 1 hour 29 minutes Tatiana Golovin wins 6-4 6-4

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thursday Schedule of Play

Court 1

3 p.m.
Jennifer Capriati vs. Paola Suarez
followed by
Amanda Coetzer vs. Anastasia Myskina
not before 7.30 p.m.
T.Golovin/P.Suarez vs. A.Coetzer/B.Schett
followed by
J.Capriati/M.Vento Kabchi vs. M.Jugic Salkic/A.Myskina

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Important informations

#1 : Doubles Draw is up. You don't have a lot of time to send points, so hurry up. We also won't accept any previous points this week. Remember : 130 points into three sets!

#2 : I put Mervana Jugic Salkic with Anastasia Myskina ---> I hope it's not a problem

#3 : Check the schedule of play. If you play tommorow and you still haven't sent points, do it as soon as possible

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
1st Round: Tatiana Golovin def. Maria Vento Kabchi 6:4 6:4

"I really love this new tour, and I´m really enjoying it. Today I think I was very focused in the match so I just tried to do my best and won in straight sets. I love playing smaller tournaments like this because it´s always a good training for bigger ones, I usually get a bit nervous in important matches so this is good to prepare myself physically and mentally.

·
Registered
27,254 Posts

1st Round: Tatiana Golovin def. Maria Vento Kabchi 6:4 6:4

"I really love this new tour, and I´m really enjoying it. Today I think I was very focused in the match so I just tried to do my best and won in straight sets. I love playing smaller tournaments like this because it´s always a good training for bigger ones, I usually get a bit nervous in important matches so this is good to prepare myself physically and mentally.
Well Done Tatiana :kiss:

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mizuna Japanese Open
Osaka, JPN

Court 1

Jennifer Capriati vs Paola Suarez

0-1
1-1
2-1