Tennis Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
15,126 Posts
The optics of what's going on in the USA overall is very bad, even though NYC has it mostly under control. However, it just feels inevitable that NYC rates will start climbing again soon. People are basically not social distancing anymore on weekends.
Keep NYC safe from America — close the bridges and tunnels over the Hudson.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Nick is just as confused as she is. The players aren't expected to do a tour of the United States, for the US Open they are going to be staying in a very small area of one of the states where cases are much more under control as things stand today.
Yeah, it's the same as with Australia - it's not like they played the Australian Open in the bush country with fires raging just outside the courts.

The one thing Nick has hit the nail on the head with, and which he probably knows better than anyone, is how uniquely bad (male) tennis players are at following rules that restrict their 'freedom'. I don't trust any of the ATP players to follow strict social distancing rules. I wouldn't trust Nick to if he were at the US Open. I doubt he would trust himself.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts