Tennis Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Re: FITD WTA Finals 深圳 Shumchun ** Sparks Will Fly!

Play has not begun yet. :unsure:

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·

Play has begun!

It's almost full house from our qualifiers! No entry from @come on lena. :sad:

Entry by second Alternate @igralec33 will be used.

@mocarabe :hug: Thanks and mad props for taking the risk here! Unfortunately, we only need one alternate.

Stats to be posted tonight in this timezone.

Best of luck, best of the best! :cheer:

Reactions: igralec33

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·

ROUND ROBIN PICKS OVERVIEW

Please take note that I encoded your picks manually, so I would appreciate your correction if there is any.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 · (Edited)

ROUND ROBIN MATCH-UP WIN STATS

ROUND ROBIN WIN-LOSS RATIO BY PLAYER

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·

KNOCKOUT PHASE PICKS OVERVIEW

Please take note that I encoded your picks manually, so I would appreciate your correction if there is any.

·
Registered
13,613 Posts

Unlike the regular FITD, as a first timer, I wish I understood the stats :confused:
Thanks for managing, I will probably understand during the week.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)

PICK PROGRESSION SUMMARY

*The second column denotes a player is picked to be among the Top 2 of her RR group and to advance to the semifinals.

Bianca Andreescu is the favorite to win the title, followed by Naomi Osaka. Remarkably, nobody picked last Singapore champ Elina Svitolina to make the final on Shenzhen indoors.

Andreescu and Pliskova are seen to come out of Purple Group as semifinalists, while Osaka and a toss-up between Barty and Kvitova of Red Group are believed to advance.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

Unlike the regular FITD, as a first timer, I wish I understood the stats :confused:
Thanks for managing, I will probably understand during the week.
I apologize, I thought the titles of the stats are already self-explanatory. :sad: May I know where exactly can I help you elucidate these numbers?

ROUND ROBIN MATCH-UP WIN STATS - indicates how many FITD players (in a field of 16) picked a WTA Shenzhen players to win her match. This is just like the usual FITD stats posted in the beginning of the tournaments, but on round robin.

ROUND ROBIN WIN-LOSS RATIO BY PLAYER - summary of your win-loss predictions about the WTA Finals players' performance in their respective groups.

Reactions: EkVraNaamEnVan

·
Registered
13,613 Posts

I apologize, I thought the titles of the stats are already self-explanatory. :sad: May I know where exactly can I help you elucidate these numbers?

ROUND ROBIN MATCH-UP WIN STATS - indicates how many FITD players (in a field of 16) picked a WTA Shenzhen players to win her match. This is just like the usual FITD stats posted in the beginning of the tournaments, but on round robin.

ROUND ROBIN WIN-LOSS RATIO BY PLAYER - summary of your win-loss predictions about the WTA Finals players' performance in their respective groups.

This is great. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)

DAY 02 SCORES

(after four round robin matches)

The picks have been all encoded manually. For any errors, please call my attention immediately. :)

Six players take the early lead after four matches have been played: @EkVraNaamEnVan @Random Run @Tennisfan06 @Nottheone aerosmash @igralec33 :cheer:

Best pick of Days 1 and 2 goes to the 3 players who predicted Svitolina would repeat her Singapore upset on Pliskova: @pazo77 @Random Run and @Tennisfan06 :laugh2:

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·

Rule No. 9 will now apply with the withdrawal of Osaka.

9. If an alternate or lucky loser replaces a player in the draw after MD has started, the match position will be replaced by the alternate or lucky loser but points will only by awarded for the original picks where the opponent against the alternate or lucky loser nets a win.
In other words, all Osaka picks moving forward will get zero points but matches where she is the loser will still be taken into account. Meaning, pickers may still earn points if Barty or Bencic wins over the alternate Bertens.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·

DAY 03 SCORES

(after 6 of 12 round robin matches)

The picks have been all encoded manually. For any errors, please call my attention immediately. :)

The solo flight of @Nottheone into the Bencic zone over Kvitova lands her(?) in the top position! :cheer:

Four players have lost their champion pick with the withdrawal of Aussie Open champ Osaka due to shoulder injury. :hug:

By the way, I'm still not done with your front page profiles but I really hope to finish them before the round robin matches end. :sobbing:

·
Premium Member
46,236 Posts

Remarkably, nobody picked last Singapore champ Elina Svitolina to make the final on Shenzhen indoors.
That's because I didn't qualify. ;)

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

Welp, this game has turned worse than expected because of the injuries and withdrawals. :sobbing:

Rule #9 will also now apply to all Andreescu picks. :help:

Next update will come a bit later because I'm traveling home for a nationwide holiday here.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·

That's because I didn't qualify. ;)
You know I'd be delighted if you did, but I just can't at your wacky and sometimes outlandish risky winner/finalist picks this season! :hysteric: Better luck next year! :hug:

·
Premium Member
46,236 Posts

You know I'd be delighted if you did, but I just can't at your wacky and sometimes outlandish risky winner/finalist picks this season! :hysteric: Better luck next year! :hug:
I'm sorry to have disappointed you. :eek:h:

I can't help but play my faves most of the time, and most of them didn't have a good year ;)

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·

DAY 05 SCORES

(after 10 of 12 round robin matches)

The Dog joins the Tiger in the top spot after the penultimate day of the round robin matches!

Both players, alongside the Pig, are the top scorers in the Red Group.

Reactions: Ceze
61 - 80 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.