Tennis Forum banner
101 - 120 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
STATS

We have 70 participants in FITD Sydney 2022 which is a nice level of participation for a non-Grand Slam tournament. The late Barty withdrawal certainly affected most people's picks. There are 10 different Champion picks. Most popular is Kontaveit with 27, probably influenced by thoughts that Barty would withdraw and a relatively favorable draw placement. Next most popular is Krejcikova with 14, largely due to her taking Barty's position in the draw. Next up is Muguruza with 13. The remaining choices are Badosa (4), Kvitova and Rybakina (3 each), Bencic and Jabeur (2 each) and Pegula and Kenin (1 each).

The red in the draw is due to one player's failure to designate which qualifier would win two of the Round of 32 matches between Qualifiers.

Under the Draw Replacement Rule the following changes were made to picks:

Line 1 - Barty picks replaced with Krejcikova
Line 8 - Swiatek picks replaced with Rybakina
Line 24 - Krejcikova picks replaced with Haddad Maia
Line 29 - Rybakina picks replaced with Shibahara

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
MONDAY RESULTS
R32, 6/14 Matches

After Monday's play, 8 players lead with correct predictions in all six matches.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
So @ace the line was the only one to get a draw in following the Barty withdrawal - a distinct advantage over the other players for sure! :p
Not when you go and pick Kenin to make the final from the other side of the draw🤦‍♂️:p

·
Registered
17,576 Posts
Alright let’s go Haddad Maia #believe :worship:

Reactions: RNW

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
What a farce.
Sometimes they replace a seeded player with a lucky loser, sometimes they change the complete draw.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I am a sore loser, but that was too much: I predicted Krejcikova into the final, winning her first round match against Bencic. And we got this completely new draw. 🤭

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
WEDNESDAY RESULTS
R16, 7/8 Matches

After the completion of 7 o f 8 Round of 16 matches six players share the lead.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
QUARTERFINAL RESULTS

After the Quartefinals @Alexander_19 and @Bartek98 share the lead.

CHAMPIONSHIP SCENARIOS
Five players have the chance to win FITD Sydney 2022. Here are the Scenarios:

Krejcikova Wins or Kasatkina Defeats Krejcikova - @Bartek98 Wins
Badosa Wins - @Ashy Bear Wins
Kontaveit Defeats Badosa - @EdwardHaney Wins
Kontaveit Defeats Kasatkina - @Aga2Iga Wins
Kasatkina Defeats Kontaveit - @Alexander_19 Wins

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is there any kind of award, for someone like me, who submitted a new draw after Barty withdrew and did worse than my original draw would have?

If I hadn't re-submitted, with Krejcikova taking Barty's place, at least I would have had one correct finalist, as I had Barty winning.

The even funnier thing is that I had Krejcikova to make the final when she was in the bottom half, but when she was moved to top half, I changed my mind. :banghead:

After all these, it's no wonder why I hit rock bottom.

·
Premium Member
46,426 Posts
@ICIA Can I have points for my Barbora pick please 🤡

Wait, I didn't even realized the draw had changed meanwhile, forget it (I'm lost now)

·
Premium Member
46,426 Posts
Line 24 - Krejcikova picks replaced with Haddad Maia
New year, new luck! (it's starting worse than last year already)

·
Premium Member
46,426 Posts
Looks like I was the only one to really pick Krejcikova all the way before Ash's withdrawal. That's how your flair is rewarded. You may say, she hasn't won all the thing yet. I guess there's nothing to do when a draw reverses picks like that. I don't see which rule could avoid that. And with so many withdrawals in the WTA this game can turn to a mess often. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
46,426 Posts
And now I keep being completely lost in wondering: IF Barbora ever wins the whole thing, is that even possible that i still get ZERO point for the winner while having Krejcikova as winner? :scratch:

·
Premium Member
46,426 Posts
I was against the new rule two years ago and that mess proves me right. With the old rule nobody would get points from Krejcikova after the change of the draw. For someone who picked Krejcikova, seeing Barty pickers getting those points instead is absolutely ridiculous.

Reactions: Ashy Bear

·
Registered
210 Posts
There is not a really good way to handle it, and this is the best way. Sometimes it sucks. Some other time it will help.

·
Premium Member
46,426 Posts
There is not a really good way to handle it, and this is the best way. Sometimes it sucks. Some other time it will help.
No way. No points from picks you made because of a withdrawal and a change of the draw is right. It's bad luck, easy to deal with. Adding unfairness and randomness by gaining points from picks you didn't make, round after round, doesn't fit the spirit of this game anymore.

I voted against that new rule a few years ago and wasn't alone, but a slight majority decided otherwise, alas. Apparently, to some people, fairness doesn't enter the concept of fun. That's exactly what divides some of us.

That's my last post here. Complaining ain't my cup of tea, but telling my thoughts, I think i did. Bye!

Reactions: Ashy Bear
101 - 120 of 127 Posts