Tennis Forum banner
81 - 96 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Re: FITD Stuttgart - Submit your picks! Draw in post #5 - TUESDAY START

Shouldn’t all the people with Kerber as a finalist be blacked out as well? @Random Run

I don’t remember how this rule works, but with a reshuffle... I thought anyone who had Kerber winning or finalist loses her as well. :unsure:

@eye @BMT360
This happens because for this result table is not checked the path of finalist at all. The 2 columns for winner and finalist appear by looking at who is the picked winner of each one and who is the SF winner that was not picked as winner. They appear in black when the are out of tournament. So Kerber appears to be alive finalist pick and not in black cause she is still taking part in tournament. This is a bug (though it doesn't affect scoring at all) but had't thought this extreme scenario. I will try to find a way to update it for future tournaments but till then we have to live with this. Although the detailed result table will be correct and all Kerber's picks in semifinal will appear as lost picks.

alright! Just checking, because I wasn’t sure if people with Kerber winning still get credit or not (if she wins the title). I mean they picked the correct winner, but in the wrong path I never remember how that works.
If someone has chosen Kerber to win of course will get points. When there is redraw due to a seeded player withdrawal when the player's new path meets the old path we still get points fom her winnings and at final all paths meet. When Random Run will post the live spreadsheet at participants tab you will see that at column A are listed the winners of each match. A143 is the winner of final, A 140 and A141 are the SF winners etc. At same rows are each participant pick for the match. For example your picks are all at column AD. So if A143=AD143 you get points for the final, if A140=AD140 you get points for the SF of top half. This is how the system works. So anyone that picked Kerber as winner will get points. Maybe this is not totally fair since she is at different path but surely is more fair than not receiving any point due to a withdrawal of a seeded player

In any cause we have a pretty Random Tournament from Random Run :grin2:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
Re: FITD Stuttgart - Halep, Muguruza withdrawn - Kerber reshuffled - Messy stats

Day 1 update - RNW and Wozzy! are leading!

Path to the final (all the Kerber picks are not yet in gray but you should know they won't count except for the F ones):​

Pick of the day: Kasatkina over Mertens (congrats to scouver, Kooyong, Wozzy!, Daszmarelli, Leonard Meaney, eye and RNW).

Tomorrow's matches - there will be three very hard to predict ones:

Minella (6) v. Bencic (50)
Vekic (3) v. Gatto-Monticone (0) :hysteric:
Wang (28) v. Hsieh (28) *1st POPCORN MATCH OF THE DAY* :cheer:
Zvonareva (0) v. Azarenka (26)
Garcia (27) v. Kontaveit (29) *2nd POPCORN MATCH OF THE DAY* :cheer:
Pavlyuchenkova (21) v. Goerges (35) *3rd POPCORN MATCH OF THE DAY* :cheer:
Minnen (just RNW!) v. Kvitova (51)

Don't you forget you can find live results for the tournament in the following link (courtesy of @eye, as usual ;))

Live FITD Stuttgart 2019

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Re: FITD Stuttgart - Halep, Muguruza withdrawn - Kerber reshuffled - Messy stats

May I add something? I expected the worst when the draw came out and found Pavlyuchenkova vs. Goerges but there was just one typo for that match. Managing FITD has never been easier, you're a really good bunch of players :inlove:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·

We'll see after Kerber v. Petkovic whether picking Vekic to win R1 was a great showing of players recognizing Donna's better form (Angie's press conference...) or Halep withdrawing was a blessing in disguise but so far Hugues Daniel, Leonard Meaney and Ballbasher have made the pick of the tournament :bowdown:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Re: FITD Stuttgart - R1 is over!

It's been raining cats and dogs in my city so my Internet connection has been a tad shaky. Unfortunately for you, now it is back so I can post updates and be my unbearable self :cheer:

twight6 and Wozzy! are currently leading due to (along with scouver, who failed to pick Kvitova in R2) making the biggest number of correct picks in R1 (though both of them have lost their finalists):

Detailed results

Vekic was the most outstanding pick today, as I said in the previous post.

Thursday OOP

Mallorca-GOAT Sevastova (18) v. Stuttgart-GOAT Siegemund (27) *FITD POPCORN MATCH OF THE DAY*
Kasatkina (just scouver!) v. Vekic (2)
Osaka (38) v. Hsieh (13) (which based on H2H is *ACTUAL POPCORN MATCH OF THE DAY*)
Bertens (47) v. Bencic (7)
Pavlyuchenkova (6) v. Kontaveit (18)
Petkovic (just (by a few minutes) aerosmash!) v. Kerber (0) :rolleyes:
Pliskova (46) v. Azarenka (5)

Don't you forget you can find live results for the tournament in the following link:

Live FITD Stuttgart 2019

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·

Cooper96 already finishes the tournament with two correct picks (Petkovic and Bencic). I don't know if that's a FITD record (has anyone ever finished with no correct picks?) but for sure is a record in tournaments I've managed :hysteric:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Re: FITD Stuttgart - Live results!

R2 is over and twight6 and Wozzy! continue to be our leaders!

Since Pliskova lost, only three players are still with a chance to make a claim to have guessed the correct finalist from top half and out of those three only @Nottheone has a chance to guess the correct final since Meelis had Halep as title winner and Siegemund lost earlier today, trumping Ballbasher's chances to guess the correct winner. Nottheone also has Osaka to reach the SF - I can't make the percentage-of-scenarios-where-one-player-wins thing but I'd fancy those chances.

Path to the final

The picks of the day were Vekic (congrats to Hugues Daniel and Leonard Meaney) and Azarenka (congrats to Randy, Markmen, twight6, Emiel Goelen and Panda91).

Friday OOP

Sevastova (just goOudinUSA!) v. Kvitova (45)
Osaka (5) v. Vekic (just Leonard Meaney!)
Bertens (20) v. Kerber (0) :rolleyes:
Azarenka (2) v. Kontaveit (5)​

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Re: FITD Stuttgart - Live results!

Sevastova has taken the first set off Kvitova in all of the matches between them but Petra eventually found her way and won the match. Osaka hangs tough against Vekic, who eventually fades away in the match. Bertens puts on a terrific clay court performance and makes it way easier for me to explain the sheet glitches now that Angie is gone beats Kerber in straight sets. And finally Azarenka's shoulder gives up, allowing Kontaveit to (at least) defend her last year's points. The result? Nottheone takes the lead after choosing ALL of the semifinalists correctly :worship:

Path to the final

Winning scenarios:

Kvitova reaches the final and/or Kontaveit wins the title → @Nottheone wins Stuttgart
Bertens takes the title and/or plays the final vs. Osaka → @happydayhk wins it all

OOP

Kvitova (24) v. Bertens (7)
Osaka (0) v. Kontaveit (3)

Don't forget you can find live results in this link

Live FITD Stuttgart 2019

:boxing:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Osaka pulled out and Peaktra popped-up for the third set - @Nottheone takes the title with a huge lead! :worship:

Path to the final

Some players may end-up in a different spot if Kvitova beats Kontaveit tomorrow (mainly myself reaching top 15 :oh:), so...

Don't forget you can find live results for the final scores in this link

Live FITD Stuttgart 2019

:cheer:

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
81 - 96 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.