Tennis Forum banner

FITD Poll 1: How to deal with predictions not properly submitted?

FITD Poll 1: How to deal with predictions not properly submitted?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  silvamarius 
#1 ·
Here is our first and only poll for the 2017 season. It will be open for one month. I see three potential options for the following question: How should managers deal with predictions not properly submitted (misspelled names including writing first names, spaces between rounds, seed numbers/Nationalities, smilies, etc.)? Remember, the manager's dedicate their own time out of their lives to manage FITD and mistakes like this can be perceived as disrespectful.

Option A: Implement a strike system. After one incident, the manager will PM the player to read the directions. From there on out, the manager will report the incident to BMT360 who will keep a running tally of all the players who were unable to properly submit draws. After a player accumulates a certain amount of strikes, a punishment will be handed out.

Option B: Picks that are spelled incorrectly will not be counted. For example, if Cibulkova plays and a player writes Cibkova or [1]Cibulkova or Dominika Cibulkova those picks will not be counted. Invisible spaces are an exception as well as first initials like S. Williams vs. S.Williams.

Option C: The manager must correct all spelling mistakes as they always have.

If you have any other ideas, please post in the thread. Only FITD players can vote and the manager's from the past ideas will be favored.

See less See more
#2 ·
Option A for me, provided the manager posts an example of exactly how it should look.

#5 ·
Option B to me.
Definitely. It's in participant interest to send correct draw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.