Well, there goes the popular winner..:sobbing::spit:

Registered
Re: FITD Lugano--Statistics and Day 1 Results Posted

CSN and BB urg

Registered
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Re: FITD Lugano--Statistics and Day 1 Results Posted

Day 2 Results​

Today was not a great day for a whole lot of participants as 39 out of 50 Champion picks were lost in the Bencic and Suarez Navarro upsets. Recognition for best picks of the day go to @pazo77 and @Random Run, both of whom not only picked Polona Hercog to beat Carla Suarez Navarro, but have Hercog going all the way to the Quarterfinals. I would have also provided special recognition for everyone who picked Antonia Lottner to defeat Belinda Bencic, except no one did.

Registered
Re: FITD Lugano--Draw is Out. Submit your Picks!

Statistics

50 Participants, 30 of whom have picked Belinda Bencic to win the Tournament.
Both lost but it should be Rodina vs Tauson and Swiatek vs Zavatska

Premium Member
Re: FITD Lugano--Stuff Happened on Day 2-Results Posted

This time I start well but will probably end bad. :eek:h:

(though I still have one finalist alive, go Kuzmova!)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Re: FITD Lugano--Draw is Out. Submit your Picks!

Both lost but it should be Rodina vs Tauson and Swiatek vs Zavatska
Broseghini - Thank you for pointing out this mistake. Statistics have been corrected to reflect the proper matchups and picks were unaffected as all had been chosen under either the designation of "Q3" or "Q4."

Registered
Re: FITD Lugano--Stuff Happened on Day 2-Results Posted

What a mess :lol:

Registered
Re: FITD Lugano--Hugues Daniel Leads After Day 3

You are doing a great job so far @ICIA :worship: Just one small correction: based on the results it seems like you inserted Cirstea as the R2 winner in the sheet. It should be Hercog.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Re: FITD Lugano--Hugues Daniel Leads After Day 3

You are doing a great job so far @ICIA :worship: Just one small correction: based on the results it seems like you inserted Cirstea as the R2 winner in the sheet. It should be Hercog.
I guess I was still in disbelief over Hercog still being in the tournament. I have corrected this and have posted the correct Day 3 Results above recognizing your first place position after Day 3. Hopefully, I end this one mistake a day streak on Day 4.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Re: FITD Lugano--Djoko Leads After Round of 16

Round of 16 Results​

Going into the Quarterfinals five Participants have either a Finalist or Runner-Up remaining.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Final Results​

As you can see from the final two completely gray columns above no one picked any of the Lugano semi-finalists to advance to the finals. As a result our current results are the final results. Congratulations to our new leader and FITD Lugano Champion @pazo77. Pazo77's victory resulted from being the only participant to correctly pick two semi-finalists, Palona Hercog and Iga Swiatek. I am at a complete loss to determine how he was able to make such prescient selections. Recognition should also briefly be given to @Random Runwho joined @pazo77 as the only participant to pick Hercog to reach the semi-finals and to @Hugues Daniel who was the only participant to pick Fiona Ferro to make the semi-finals.

Because these are our final results there will be no further posts from me this weekend. I suppose everyone wanted to spare the first time manager any weekend work. I would like to thank those of you who pointed out a few mistakes I made before they could adversely affect the tournament results and I look forward to being back for my next managerial assignment in Nuernburg. Again, congratulations to @pazo77 on a job well done!

Registered
Wow, what a surprising result for me, considering that my picks for the finalist (Bacsinszky and Golubic) both lost too early in the 2nd round. But the win is a win and I do not give up on it. Thanks for the managing @ICIA!

Registered
Brilliant debut, @ICIA! :cheer: I really hope we could see you take more tournaments in the future! :yeah:

Congrats @pazo77 on the win! :worship:

---

Shameless plug:

I'd like to invite every folks who play this game to try managing at least once this season. Like ICIA, you can help us keep the game alive and vibrant for the rest of FITD players to enjoy. Once you get the hang of it, it really does not take much time and effort to post daily or round-by-round updates even if you're not that confident in using Excel. We are here to help you~ ;)

You may check the Managers' Thread for the list of available tournaments that may fancy you. Feel free to post your questions there if you have concerns! :yippee:

61 - 77 of 77 Posts