F
Halep

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Re: FITD (Fill-in-the-Draw) Wuhan - SUNDAY START

Shockingly low number of participants in this tournament: 46 :eek:

The server issues managed to drive a lot of people away and/or many players weren't aware of this tournament starting on Sunday.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·

Here are the stats:

And the graphics show how chaotic the bottom half turned out to be to make picks:

Picks for the title

Kvitova (15) and Halep (14) emerge as overwhelming favorites to win the title. Only eight players picked a bottom-half winner (and one of those picks was a typo :hysteric:).

Top half finalist picks

Halep and Kvitova are joint favorites (18 each). Not many different players picked to go all the way.

Bottom half finalist picks

11 (!) different players were picked to make the final from this half of the draw - including three players that have never made a P5/PM final: Kontaveit (1), Q. Wang (1) and Mertens (5). Tokyo finalists Osaka and Pliskova are the joint favorites to make the final (14 picks each).

·
Registered
17,021 Posts
Re: FITD (Fill-in-the-Draw) Wuhan - Don't miss this season's last P5 tournament!

Actually, that rule was changed in a poll you yourself created in the off-season of 2016. :shrug:
My mind is still in the past then :eek:h:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Re: FITD (Fill-in-the-Draw) Wuhan - Stats inside!

An updated version of the stats (after Osaka's and Rybarikova's withdrawals) can be found in post #4. Current scores after day 1 - ace the line and Haleptard are leading!

Detailed results​

Pick of the day: Sasnovich over Mertens (congratulations to Ceze, Crux Squall, Vitor BM, WhoAmI?, Cooper96, happydayhk and Markmen).

A live version of the scores can be found here (special thanks to @eye!):

FITD Wuhan 2018

Good luck everybody! :cheer:​

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Re: FITD (Fill-in-the-Draw) Wuhan - Day 2 update!

Day 2 update - ace the line and ianb29 are leading after making 18 correct picks in R1! :cheer:

Detailed results:​

Picks of the day: Xiyu Wang (congrats to Emiel Goelen, mocarabe, scouver, Leonard Meaney, RNW, stino, Meelis and JeffreyGOLU), Krunic (congrats to RNW, windsongs, ianb29 and eye) and Zhang (congrats to Cooper96 - the only one to not pick Osaka to reach R3).

Tomorrow's matches

Peterson (5) v. Wozniacki (40)
Sabalenka (24) v. Svitolina (20) *Popcorn-worthy match of the day*
Vekic (21) v. Kontaveit (7)
Sasnovich (4) v. Puig (5)
Kerber (36) v. Keys (10)
Zheng (2) v. Barty (35)
Goerges (34) v. Kenin (just Crux Squall!)
Bertens (31) v. Pavlyuchenkova (6)
Krunic (0) v. Kvitova (35)
Muguruza (39) v. Golubic (2)
Strycova (15) v. Gavrilova (4)
Pliskova (40) v. Q. Wang (6)
X. Wang (0) v. Kasatkina (27)
Siniakova (6) v. Garcia (39)
Halep (38) v. Cibulkova (8)

Don't forget that a live version of the scores can be found here:

FITD Wuhan 2018

:cheer:​

·
Registered
3,193 Posts

Shockingly low number of participants in this tournament: 46 :eek:

The server issues managed to drive a lot of people away and/or many players weren't aware of this tournament starting on Sunday.
Tashkent: 50

Slams > P5, obvs :shrug: :eek:h:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts

I think it is due to Sunday start and timezone. For europeans tournament started something like 4-5am while for americans it was still Suturday evening. So all these people had to post draw at Suturday and seems many didn't find time for this :awww:

·
Premium Member
46,229 Posts

@Random Run I should have 720 only and not 780. :eek:h:

I guess the mistake comes from the two qualifers match. I played Q5, which was Sorribes Tormo, whereas Golubic was Q4 (initially at least, maybe the lucky losers messed it up). I can tell so because in a case of Q vs Q I always pick the second Q, whereas in 90% of the cases it's the Q above who wins. Don't ask why. :eek:h:

I am here to speak out about my rights, you owe me an apology, I'm not a cheater, I'd rather lose, etc. :lol:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·

@Random Run I should have 720 only and not 780. :eek:h:

I guess the mistake comes from the two qualifers match. I played Q5, which was Sorribes Tormo, whereas Golubic was Q4 (initially at least, maybe the lucky losers messed it up). I can tell so because in a case of Q vs Q I always pick the second Q, whereas in 90% of the cases it's the Q above who wins. Don't ask why. :eek:h:

I am here to speak out about my rights, you owe me an apology, I'm not a cheater, I'd rather lose, etc. :lol:
I knew that would happen :lol: As soon as the qualifiers were placed, I saw that Golubic was written as Q5 in many places (including the Main Draw thread here) but now that I'm looking at WTA's OOP, Sorribes was apparently Q5. I'll correct those few picks, stats and post R2 update ;)

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Re: FITD (Fill-in-the-Draw) Wuhan - R2 update!

I'm so sorry for that Golubic-Sorribes Tormo mess :eek: Fortunately it didn't involve many players nor it created a huge mess in the rankings. Thanks to @Hugues Daniel for pointing it out :worship:

Now back in the game - R2 turned to be quite the mess for everyone's picks. None of us got more than half of R3 players right :( Only 9 of us are still with a change to get at least half of the quarterfinalists right, with Broseghini being the only player with a chance to get six correct picks. Our sole leader is ianb29, who once again got the biggest number of correct picks in this round (8, along with Broseghini and Kon.) but ace the line has a very good shot at regaining the top position - ianb29 has lost both finalists while ace the line is one of three players (along with Broseghini and igralec33) to have both finalists still standing:

Detailed results

Many gutsy picks to congratulate: Cibulkova (congrats to Ceze, happydayhk, Haleptard, stino, AdeyC, eDonkey, Cooper96 and myself), Kenin (congrats to Crux Squall), Pavlyuchenkova (congrats to Leonard Meaney, RNW, Daszmarelli, stino, eDonkey and Cooper96), Kontaveit (congrats to wshlourte, Drake1980, WhoAmI?, happydayhk, Nottheone, Markmik and ace the line), Siniakova (congrats to Kon., RNW, come on lena, ianb29, Cooper96 and eye), Q. Wang (congrats to goOudinUSA, igralec33, Drake1980, Markmik, Broseghini and ace the line), Gavrilova (congrats to wshlourte, Kon., windsongs and aerosmash) and Puig (congrats to Ceze, igralec33, Vitor BM, WhoAmI? and Meelis).

Tomorrow's matches

Kerber (31) v. Barty (6)
Pavlyuchenkova (0) v. Kvitova (30)
Kenin (0) v. Sabalenka (21)
Q. Wang (2) v. Gavrilova (just wshlourte!)
Cibulkova (8) v. Kasatkina (just RNW!)
Zhang (just Cooper96!) v. Kontaveit (2)
Puig (3) v. Wozniacki (12)
Muguruza (10) v. Siniakova (4)

FITD Wuhan 2018

:cheer:​

·
Registered
3,193 Posts

What a hot mess this tournament has become. :lol: :help: 5/6 top champion picks are all out before QF. :lol:

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Re: FITD (Fill-in-the-Draw) Wuhan - R3 update!

Draw has collapsed for pretty much all of us - igralec33 is the player to get the biggest number of correct quarterfinalists (three) and is the only player to have both finalists still standing. 40 of us have lost both of them :spit: ace the line has regained the lead after making two correct picks:

Detailed results

This is what Tetris looks like when you are actually good playing it :hysteric:

Picks of the day: Cibulkova (congrats to Ceze, happydayhk, Haleptard, stino, AdeyC, eDonkey, Cooper96 and myself), Barty (congrats to Drake1980, stino, Markmik, AdeyC, Markmen and ace the line), Kontaveit (congrats to happydayhk and ace the line), Siniakova (congrats to RNW, come on lena, ianb29 and eye), Q. Wang (congrats to igralec33 and Broseghini) and Puig (congrats to Ceze, igralec33 and WhoAmI?).

Tomorrow's matches

Barty (just Markmen!) v. Pavlyuchenkova (0)
Q. Wang (just igralec33!) v. Puig (just WhoAmI?!)
Cibulkova (2) v. Sabalenka (8)
Kontaveit (just ace the line!) v. Siniakova (just RNW!)

FITD Wuhan 2018

:rolls:​

·
Registered
31,441 Posts

Wozniacki and Muguruza :sobbing:

·
Registered
13,598 Posts

I didn't know that I skipped this one like one on my favourites

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Re: FITD (Fill-in-the-Draw) Wuhan - igralec33 vs. ace the line!

QF update - igralec33 takes the lead! Those two picks for the final are still standing :eek:

Detailed results

Possible scenarios:
Sabalenka and/or Qiang Wang reach the final → @igralec33 wins Wuhan
Barty vs. Kontaveit final → @ace the line takes the title

FITD Wuhan 2018

:boxing:​

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 · (Edited)
We already have a winner - congratulations, @igralec33!

Detailed results

The 2nd to 4th spots can still change a bit but most of us know our final positions. Picking unseeded players like Sabalenka or Kontaveit to reach the final is a risky move but in this tournament it really paid off :cheer:

Don't forget that a live version of the scores during the final can be found here:

FITD Wuhan 2018

:)

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
Thank you. :D Can't really remember when it was last time I won FITD title to be honest. :) Nice to see my risky picking paying off for once. Thank you for great managing, Random Run. :yeah:

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Thank you. :D Can't really remember when it was last time I won FITD title to be honest. :) Nice to see my risky picking paying off for once. Thank you for great managing, Random Run. :yeah:
Congrats! Inspired and courageous picking amid the seeds' early collapse that definitely paid off! :bowdown:

You won Auckland and Indian Wells 125k this year! ;)

Wuhan is now your 13th career singles title in FITD, and the biggest one. :cheer:

2018 - Wuhan, Auckland, Indian Wells 125k
2017 - Acapulco
2014 - Guangzhou
2013 - Doha, Birmingham, Bastad, Stanford
2010 - Warsaw, Quebec, Linz
2009 - Barcelona

----

I can't believe I'm still in the upper half of the ranking here. :sobbing:

Thanks, Fabrizio/RaRu! :yeah:

61 - 80 of 85 Posts