Tennis Forum banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
46,196 Posts
Re: FITD Australian Open — Surfin' Down Under! DRAW POSTED! SUBMIT YOUR PICKS!

Yes I will finish 5th if Petra wins. Had picked few upsets at top top half which never happened and cost me. Even worse in case of Kvitova's win Cooper96 will have correct both winner and finalist and still he will be out of top 10 !!!
I hadn't noticed that @Cooper96 case, it's incredible!

So to have both winner and finalist correct isn't enough. The picks on the way are very important.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts

I hadn't noticed that @Cooper96 case, it's incredible!

So to have both winner and finalist correct isn't enough. The picks on the way are very important.
I believe the awarded points at later rounds are too many and turn the game a predict the winner game so this is really strange this case. The reason this happened is cause there weren't big surprices at top half and too many have predicted that Osaka, Pliskova, Serena and Svitolina would be at quarters so they got many points cause of them. Probably Cooper96 had chosen upsets so he cannot cover the distance by predicting winner and finalist correctly

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·

SEMIFINALS

@Cooper96 is the only player to predict both finalists! :worship:

However, the Grand Slam title is now just between:

@ICIA (Kvitova) and @goOudinUSA (Osaka)

Good luck!

·
Registered
8,006 Posts

Yes I will finish 5th if Petra wins. Had picked few upsets at top top half which never happened and cost me. Even worse in case of Kvitova's win Cooper96 will have correct both winner and finalist and still he will be out of top 10 !!!
Thanks, you're very kind :cool:

·
Premium Member
46,013 Posts

Naomi :sobbing: :hearts: What a battle that was! :cheer:

This title came out of nowhere :lol: ICIA :hug: Thanks for managing, aerosmash! :)

·
Premium Member
46,196 Posts

Thanks for managing @aerosmash and I hope you're doing better now! :)

Nice to see a kind fellow like @goOudinUSA win this slam! Congrats! :yeah:

Is it your first?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·

FINAL RESULTS

Picks Map

Game. Set. Match.

:cheer: @goOudinUSA :cheer:

So happy for you, Doug! :sobbing: ;) One of the most dedicated managers and regular players! Hope this could somehow change your mind about Sydney being your final management. :tears: :eek:h:

@ICIA :hug: This one's so close! Also thought Petra would take the final set as well! Still a strong showing coming from you in this tournament! Great job!

Thanks everyone for joining! Obviously, this wasn't my best and is far from my favorite management of mine, but I'm glad to have pulled through these rough past weeks. I'll be back. :)

P. S. Don't forget to send in your entries for Hua Hin and St. Petes!
P. S2. In case you're interested to manage one of the future FITD games, feel free to drop by the Managers' Thread at the FITD subforum. New managers are very much welcome!

121 - 129 of 129 Posts