Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
So sad indeed. However I'm sure she's still around.

I've seen her on television during the Berlin tournament, live during the Rome one and on photographs for the Madrid tournaments.

She may have quit playing tennis (although when seeing her during training, it suggested otherwise), she isn't planning on leaving the tennis world alltogether. :D

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
What was most sad was the way she ended her time at Roland Garros last year.

It was an absolutely shocking end to an incredible career. Only Graf, Evert and Court have better Roland Garros careers. Or does Court? I know she won 6 titles there.

Aranxta was in 10 semi finals between 1989 and 2000! Amazing.

I wish she'd have retired at the end of 2001.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Sigh..every year since 1997 I have enjoyed watching Arantxa at RG..I always loved it this time of year considering Arantxa's results. I mean, she has had such magic here and I bet all Arantxa fans have felt it. Paris was like a 2nd home for her and it's sad that she won't be here playing this year. Although I have other favorite tennis players it still isn't exactly the same feelings of expectations as it was before..

Arantxa has an impressive 72-13 W/L record at the French Open. Aside from the fact of reaching the SF's, she had made it to the QUARTERFINALS or better from 1987-2000! (except 1990) That spans 13 years! :)

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I definately miss Arantxa this clay season, its really tough. I remember 2001 RG---I thought there could be no worse than that, but then 2002 rolled around. I hope Arantxa is enjoying herself:)

niceman---this is a positive Arantxa thread, post elsewhere if you don't like her

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
niceman said:
Arantxa....WHO?........:rolleyes:
You are a lousy, lousy poster, and while I seem to try and avoid your threads, everything I'm interested in you find a way to stake your name and make yourself into a buffoon. Go away! :rolleyes:

Arantxa :sad: - You are missed :sad:

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
Awwww I soooooo miss Arantxa and Miss Hingis :sad: (but i am happy with where they are as well )

1 - 11 of 11 Posts