Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Final Results

Well it's been quite a night and we have had an amazing final question competition. The judges obviously had a very difficult task, but the decision has been made. The results have been re-calculated and verified. Here they are, in reverse order.....

·
Registered
574 Posts
Can't wait! Go Ryan! :D

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG! Three of the top five finalists have the exact same average score. :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the judges sent in points in hundredths originally, which is how each of the contestants with the exact same average score was seperated. Results to be posted. :)

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The 4th runner-up is........

tennisIlove09

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The 3rd runner-up is........

kerbear

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The 2nd runner-up is........

controlfreak

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
If, for any reason, the winner cannot fulfill his duty, the first runner-up will take over. Gentlemen, are you ready?

The 1st runner-up is........

Ryan17

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Final Scores for the Top 5 in descending order
Please remember that these are the average scores of the five semifinalists.

1. Sam L

2. Ryan17

3.controlfreak

4. kerbear

5. tennisIlove09

• Sam L finished #1 in EVERY round of competition in this edition of POM. :eek::worship::worship::worship::eek:

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Top 5 entries

kerbear Entry #10

Trustworthy: I would never break a promise that I can help it, it is the value that I pride myself in because if you can't trust people then you can't really connect with people

Believer: I have strong beliefs in things. I believe in Judaism. I believe in my country. I believe in the democratic party. And I believe in myself.

smart-ass I've been told by my boss that I'm too much of one. Always coming up with the witty comment. Think 'Chandler' on "FRIENDS".

"Nice answers."

Ryan17 Entry #20

I would describe myself as honest because I speak my mind no matter what the issue; compassionate because I truely care about others and their lives; and finally I would describe myself as trustworthy because my friends mean everything to me and I would never betray the trust they have in me.

"Good answer, you didn’t compare yourself to chandler. Good job."

Sam L Entry #30

Three words to describe me? Ok, I decided to come up with an acrostic poem using my name.

Scientific
Autonomous
Moody

Yes, obviously my name is Sam. Now to an explanation of the words.

Scientific - I guess I chose this word as I'm inquisitive and I feel I have a scietific, enquiring mind. I'm also studying Science and intend to be a research scientist, so I guess this word describes my future career too.

Autonomous - I feel this word describes me because I am a very independent person who does not conform to groups. I have an independent mind and form my own opinions without the influence of other people.

Moody - Oh yes! I'm moody. If you lived with me you'd know. I don't know why, I guess I have a lot of things on my mind, and think about a lot of things and sometimes just get depressed or angry for some reasons. Sometimes, I'm very optimistic or sometimes pessimistic on life. It just depends on the day and how good my sleep was I guess.

"Good ecompassing responses, and done in a creative fashion. Very nice work, you are the first and only person to recieve a 9.0 or higher on any task."

controlfreak Entry #40

White heterosexual male. That's probably not the type of answer intended, but seeing as today's society judges us largely on race, sexuality and gender, the three words above provide the most informative and complete description of me possible. Look at it this way: you probably have a better picture of me now than of any of the other contestants. Am I right?

"Very unique and different and also creative. Well done"

tennisIlove09 Entry #50

1-Sap: I'm the biggest sap, like ever. I cry over the littlest things. I can't watch any episode of Ally McBeal, because I cried. I cry whenever a tennis player wins an event and they start to cry (like Davenport at the 98 US Open; Serena 99 Open, Roddick 03 Open). I'm just a sap.

2-Stubborn: I thought I should put a bad quality in here. I'm very stubborn, which can get me into trouble sometimes I suppose.

3-Loyal: I'm a very loyal person, and would never turn my back on any of my friends or family (or tennis players...:hearts: ).

"I don’t think sap was a very good answer, but hey, if that’s what you want to say, more power to you. Your other two weren’t bad and I liked how you used a bad trait."

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
congratulations Sam

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
OMG congrats Sam :D

You must have set a record for the ONLY person to win EVERY round in a single edition of POM! Right from the very start to the finish! I dont think this has ever been done before!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Congrats Sam :)

Ryan... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts