Tennis Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Profiles have been updated in the front page. Check them out if you want to see how well you and your fellow qualifiers and alternates did over the season (or throughout your career). Let me know if I got any info wrong.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Thanks for the update. My champion and RU aren't right though....
Oops, sorry. The next update will have your correct picks. :)

Wow only 2 titles and 15 years between them!! That has to be a record?!
Not quite. Ballbasher, the New Haven champion in the year before you won it (2005, the year FITD started) had won his 2nd title in Charleston 500 this year, 16 years apart.

Still an impressive feat! :bowdown: Always great to see old-timers stick around after all these years...

• Love
Reactions: champion88

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·

DAYS 5 & 6 RESULTS

B1 - Pliskova d. Krejcikova
B6 - Muguruza d. Kontaveit
A6 - Swiatek d. Badosa
A1 - Sakkari d. Sabalenka

@Markmen reels in an almost-perfect score to top the round robin stage.

@Markmen and @Djoko got the most number of correct semifinalists with 3 out of 4 each.

@Djoko is now the sole player with a chance to have their both finalist picks in the title match.

Rectangle Font Pattern Parallel Number

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
i had a brain fart putting Annet 2nd in her section. Paula crushed my perfect picking by giving a lack lustre performance against Swiatek. @aerosmash you also have both your chances alive.
Nope, Kontaveit and Sakkari are facing in the semis, so only one of them can advance. :sobbing:

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·

TITLE SCENARIOS

@Markmen is now three matches away from bettering his runner-up finish last YEC and has the upper hand in the leaderboard, unless one of the cases below happens in the final:

Kontaveit defeats Badosa - @Djoko wins
Kontaveit defeats Muguruza - @aerosmash wins

Who will be 2021's champion?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
good luck to you both, i tried my very best but fell short. Congratulations to whoever wins from here.
Hey, the match isn't over yet. If Badosa loses today, you can still win if Sakkari beats Kontaveit later or Muguruza wins the title.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·

SEMIFINALS

Colorfulness Font Material property Parallel Pattern

Six players correctly predicted a finalist but only @silvamarius got Muguruza amid her questionable form leading to the tournament.

The championship is now between No. 2 seed @Markmen (Muguruza) and No. 5 seed @aerosmash (Kontaveit).

Whichever happens, @Markmen has already secured the Year-End No. 1 ranking like his fave Barty despite not playing Montevideo.​

Reactions: Ashy Bear

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Muguruza is the Guadalajara champion.

Congratulations @Markmen !!!

No one gains a point in the final so the rankings will remain.

Congrats to all the finalists for a fantastic season!

·
Premium Member
5,940 Posts
WOW - Well done Mugsy. Thank you aerosmash for organising throughout the entire season. I did actually say to someone a few weeks back that Muguruza could be the champion here but I didn't follow my hunch.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts