How far Kim will go in Fielderstadt?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Somewhere over the rainbow.
45,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We haven't had a poll in a while :devil: so i thought I'ld kick off the thread with a Poll to guess how well will Kim do this time. The poll will be open until monday when the open starts :angel:
Official website
Starting october 3rd.
i read in GM that the top seeds are: (I highlighted GM just so people don't be surprised if it's a lot of crap :devil: )

#1 Lindsay
#2 Kim
#3 Amélie
#4 Justine
#5 Lena Dementieva
#6 Nadia Petrova
#7 Patty Schnyder
#8 Anastasia Myskina

·
45,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll kick off :D I voted for the title :devil: (I gave up my antijinxing strategy :lol: )
Kim has proven she can kick all their butts so I hope she will this time too :angel:

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
With my usual scepticism and having seen Kim's forhand pack its bags and leave Luxembourg tonight, I've voted for the semis! :devil:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
11,195 Posts
I voted a win although I didn't like the body language yesterday

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,371 Posts
i'm not gonna vote, but she has to get to the quarters at least, otherwise... :boxing: :armed: :shout:

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
she´ll win filderstadt for sure!!!

·
Registered
16,707 Posts
I'm voting SF since she seemed too frustrated in her match against Fran last night and that forehand at times :eek: :tape:

·
45,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jesus! Have you got any faith or what??? We were all dead scared of Pierce at the USopen final and she got kicked big time;) so some positive vibes thank you very much!!! :devil:

·
Registered
16,707 Posts
RoKi_Yas said:
Jesus! Have you got any faith or what??? We were all dead scared of Pierce at the USopen final and she got kicked big time;) so some positive vibes thank you very much!!! :devil:
I think Pierce was the only one who didn't scare me. I was the Zenmaster myself during the final :lol:

·
45,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jes_022 said:
I think Pierce was the only one who didn't scare me. I was the Zenmaster myself during the final :lol:
I know you were but a few others weren't;) I was worried against Venus and when she won that one I knew she would do it :angel:

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
LostGlory said:
I voted a win although I didn't like the body language yesterday
Me too. Although Kim worked it out in the end - it's when I see her like that with her forehand going wrong I wish she had a coach. At one point she made a really angry swipe with her racket out of frustration.

But never mind: think positive all you doubting Thomas's - who also didn't put Kim to win the US Open. Kimmie is going to win Fielderstadt.

·
Registered
16,707 Posts
terjw said:
Me too. Although Kim worked it out in the end - it's when I see her like that with her forehand going wrong I wish she had a coach. At one point she made a really angry swipe with her racket out of frustration.

But never mind: think positive all you doubting Thomas's - who also didn't put Kim to win the US Open. Kimmie is going to win Fielderstadt.
I'll happily continue voting QF or SF's if she's going to win all those tournies. Call it my superstition :angel:

·
45,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jes_022 said:
I'll happily continue voting QF or SF's if she's going to win all those tournies. Call it my superstition :angel:
:D well i actually changed that superstition for myself this time :devil: Kim will win that tourney :angel:

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
jes_022 said:
:yeah: - let's hope.

·
45,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is the draw...
---------------------------------
1 DAVENPORT Lindsay USA
2 BYE
3 SCHIAVONE Francesca ITA
4 CHAKVETADZE Anna RUS
5 SAFINA Dinara RUS
6 KLOESEL Sandra GER
7 QUALIFIER
8 MYSKINA Anastasia RUS
9 HENIN-HARDENNE Justine BEL
10 BYE
11 PENNETTA Flavia ITA
12 SCHRUFF Julia GER
13 SHAUGHNESSY Meghann USA
14 HANTUCHOVA Daniela SVK
15 IVANOVIC Ana SCG
16 SCHNYDER Patty SUI
17 PETROVA Nadia RUS
18 GROENEFELD Anna-Lena GER
19 LIKHOVTSEVA Elena RUS
20 FARINA ELIA Silvia ITA
21 MEDINA GARRIGUEAnabel ESP
22 JANKOVIC Jelena SCG
23 BYE
24 MAURESMO Amelie FRA
25 8 5 DEMENTIEVA Elena RUS
26 QUALIFIER
27 DECHY Nathalie FRA
28 MOLIK Alicia AUS
29 QUALIFIER
30 QUALIFIER
31 BYE
32 CLIJSTERS Kim BEL

So if I read that right:p
Qualifier 2nd round
Dementieva/Molik QF
Amélie SF
Justine/Lindsay Final

I don't see Kim not getting to the final;)
(isn't it great to see Kim seeded #2 when there are top players in the draw :devil: )

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I'm a lot more sceptical about Kim winning this tournament than I was about Kim winning Luxemburg. In all honesty (and with all respect to the Luxemburg field): Kim wasn't threatened all that much in Luxemburg, while lots of dangerous (top) players are playing in Filderstadt: eg Dementieva, Mauresmo and especially Davenport and Henin-Hardenne. I think a lot of it comes down to fitness: if Kim is still fresh after Luxemburg (and, after all, just 3 weeks after her awesome yet draining American summer), she's got a good chance to reach the final IMO. If she's a little tired, she could as well go out in the QF against a spirited LenaD for example. She can definitely do it (and possibly reach that ranking top spot again :D ) but she'll have to be very focused. Good luck to you, Kim! :yeah:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Dementieva is a very dangerous customer these days. She has grown a lot since last year. I would have preferred JHH's quarter...
OTOH, I wouldn't prefer her half, with (probably) Lindsay waiting... :shrug:

Ah, well, if Kim makes it to the semis, I think she'll make it to the final. And Kim doesn't lose finals on hardcourt this year :cool: :p.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
manu said:
I'm a lot more sceptical about Kim winning this tournament than I was about Kim winning Luxemburg. In all honesty (and with all respect to the Luxemburg field): Kim wasn't threatened all that much in Luxemburg, while lots of dangerous (top) players are playing in Filderstadt: eg Dementieva, Mauresmo and especially Davenport and Henin-Hardenne. I think a lot of it comes down to fitness: if Kim is still fresh after Luxemburg (and, after all, just 3 weeks after her awesome yet draining American summer), she's got a good chance to reach the final IMO. If she's a little tired, she could as well go out in the QF against a spirited LenaD for example. She can definitely do it (and possibly reach that ranking top spot again :D ) but she'll have to be very focused. Good luck to you, Kim! :yeah:
True... but JHH hasn't played since the US Open, so a lot depends on how rusty she is. Indoors isn't really her best arena either.
It is very much Lindsay's arena, of course. But she hasn't played since Bali, where her opponents were of the level of Kim's opponents in Luxemburg... So how well will she come back?

We'll have to wait and see (as usual, lol).

·
45,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It should be good and challenging this tourney! I hope Kim can pull it off! Actually I would love her to kick Lena, amélie (ok not that much for amélie) and Lindsay or JHH to hold the title... That'll shut people up for finding excuses such as "the top players were not there or all injured :rolleyes:.
Is that the last tourney before YEC she plays or is there another one beforehand? :angel:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts