Tennis Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
53,510 Posts
But the "personal reasons" worries me a bit :unsure:

Maybe already in San Jose she had these problems.
Her interview after the 1-6 0-6 loss to Konta there was weird.
"I have other problems to think about." She looked so sad.

Watch from at 4:20 :p
"I have so many things on my mind.
I don't have time to be shocked about a loss ..."

Serena is just not the same since the birth of her daughter.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
@rucolo, what a Sherlock you are. Empathetic at that.

Cincinnati it will have to be. In the meantime Serena will still work with Mackie and Jarmere on The things that need it most post San Jose.

Whatever else, let Serena call upon her personal strength and where that may lack, her family.

·
Registered
84,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
But the "personal reasons" worries me a bit :unsure:

Maybe already in San Jose she had these problems.
Her interview after the 1-6 0-6 loss to Konta there was weird.
"I have other problems to think about." She looked so sad.

Watch from at 4:20 :p
"I have so many things on my mind.
I don't have time to be shocked about a loss ..."

Serena is just not the same since the birth of her daughter.
She never said that.

·
Registered
84,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
Just hope it isn't an injury. If she's just taking more time to train I'm good with that. A few matches at Cincy should be ok.
Couver, I'm even cool with Ree if she wants to play one last tournament, then skip the US Open, takes a bit of time away, then goes out and practices and comes back ready to roll & super-fit in 2019 (AO Open). She definitely has other things on her mind other than the murderer who was released after serving ONLY 12 years. She loves & has Jr./Sr. to think about, but she also knows that she has a great support system as well around her. Plus physically, she MAY be having other issues that we know she won't talk about (Priorities). Physically, she's made great progress. But she's still not completely healed. Her body went through a LOT this post-pregnancy. She has to make sure that she's as fit as possible for this last run @ 24/25, because if there is an issue and she pushes it and makes it worse that's not good, especially at her age. I have heard a rumor that she/Patrick are not on the same page lately. WHO knows what that means or if it's true, but that's what someone told me she heard from someone in the "know." We'll see.

She's reassessing everything I feel at the moment, and I'm down with and supportive of her with whatever Ree decides to do :hug:

Everyone knew (At least I did) that coming back at her age and especially after a difficult post-pregnancy wouldn't be easy. Remember, she also has that knee issue to deal with, and ever present issues with embolisms. Whoever thought that she could just come back and pick up where she left off after winning the AO Open a few years ago doesn't know tennis.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts