53,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FFC World Team Cup

Main Draw

(1) Switzerland vs Spain
Slovenia vs Russia
Poland vs Croatia
USA vs (2) Jamaica

:woohoo: Send in your points by this Thursday!! (2 more days)

:woohoo: Line up as usual please...

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Last chance girls before US Open, that’s what I will say to my team. Yep, the third tournament of the season will kick off at state of Los Angeles, California. We would see a very much interesting match-up in each round, and I would say all teams stayed a chance of winning after what happened last week in New York.

Switzerland vs Spain
This is a repeat match-up between two teams with Switzerland winning 4-1 in New York. Looking at Spain’s poor performance, I would say Switzerland would have no sweat to beat them if Spain players insisted on using same strategy. This is no kidding as Kournikova, the sole undefeated player, will be playing twice for her team. The Wilmbledon Champion, suffered a surprised loss to Poland in semifinal last week, I would say due to not proper scouting. On the other hand, Spain had never won their match. Don’t make ealy’s week fool you. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise.

Slovenia vs Russia

Woohoo, Russia had declared that they are the dark horse on every tournament. With young and experienced combination, Sharapova and Grande, they are ready to kick ass. Their opponent should indeed be afraid. But it will not be necessary right now, since Russia can sometimes lose because of small fight between the two players. I would recommend sending three different set of points. I think time will tell whether they are great team or not. Their opponent this week, Slovenia, had not showed their best performance so far. The team captain Bartoli, had showed dedication in winning and boasting the team’s spirit, however, Matevzic could not even be bothered with it, which resulted in poor scouting. While Russia is still looking for a new member, but for me, I think Slovenia should also be looking for a new member.

Poland vs Croatia

The last week’s finalist, Poland will play Croatia. I think Croatia and Slovenia have a thing in common. One of the teammate is not dedicated enough for the game. Clijster is practically the soul player in the team. Bovina on the other hand had not changed her strategy since FFC is re-run. To me, Clijsters is a smart player but she could not do much to make her team win. Again, I would say, talk to her team-mate. With a new member on the team, perhaps Maleeva will help Clijsters in clinching victory.However, their opponent is gradually showing impact in FFC. Poland had the up-and-down moments. Sometimes, Joanna or Maggie could win two of her matches but next, they would lose. Inconsistency. Joanna had fantastic smart-thinking gamer, while Maggie is all-round player. This is one of the benefit for the team, but would they prevail to the best is still a question.

USA vs Jamaica

Both countries lost early last week. USA should be more dedicated to the games. While Venus is the captain, however I did not see her doing her job. Instead she would just keep on to her thing. Her younger sister, Serena and fellow teammate, Nejedly, trying to back up the team to no avail. Three of them have potentials in winning but they need to prove it. They had better be because their opponent is runner-up in Wimbledon. I’m pretty sure after last week surprise loss, Jamaica will be back in their fullest form this week, or at least trying to win or their 2nd position is on danger zone. With top players combination, consisting Momo, Dani and Rubin, Jamaica should be the team to watch this week.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
TenniSta said:
Russia:

Maria Sharapova
Rita Grande
Maria Sharapova
Rita Gande
Masha/Rita
I'll send our doubles points. :wavey:

·
Registered
29,012 Posts
Croatia

:) Kim Clijsters
:) Elena Bovina
:) Kim Clijsters/Elena Bovina

The reason why the line up changed, was to ensure that there were no repeats of singles matches (etc Clijsters VS Sakowicz twice).

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Paul ;)

BTW, you guys do not need to send in double points since I will combine your single points!!

·
Registered
29,012 Posts
I am so sorry Felix, but here is Croatia's new line up ;)

:) Magdalena Maleeva
:) Magdalena Maleeva/Kim Clijsters

So ghosts could you please get your points in a.s.a.p and welcome to the team! :worship: :wavey:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
"TEAM USA NEEDS TO COME TOGETHER"

Serena Williams,Venus Williams, and Jana Nejedly need to come together this Fed Cup tournament and start turning up the heat. Serena Williams, the team motivator is determinted to get past #2 Jamaca in the first round.

" I know if we keep each other determined and + we can win it all, our focus,desire, and patience will help us come thru, but our captian needs to be more supportive, even though she has been biZ"

USA has lost the past two events to Poland.

Venus stated;

"Well at least were playing someone knew, and different so we can get going"

Good Luck team USA this week in California.

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
Russia ready for more success

Maria Sharapova w/ fellow team mates (Rita Grande) in California.​

After last week's excellent run in New York, the New Tour FFC winners spoke of how they are ready to now win more titles and the US OPEN that is coming up very soon.

Maria: "Last week was a very very good week for us, Rita and I had been training fairly hard to win some good matches along the way. Finally we did come up with some doubles success, but im getting very tired from this physicaly and emotionally, ive just been playing too many long matches and winning over 95% of my singles :eek: ".

Rita: "Yes last week we played fine tennis, ive struggled earlier in the season, at wimbledone etc. But now i can feel my best tennis coming together and im starting to use my doubles game more which is helping us alot in the doubles, retirement could be posssible for me in the near future as im looking to do some further studying, so we will have to see what happens okay".

Despite the Russian team being ranked #3 on the world FFC rankings, its clear to everyone who really is the number 1 team of late, Russia has been playing exceptionally good tennis and everyone favers them here to take out California FFC tournament.

"After last weeks win we are both ready to step it up and take on this hardcourt season seriously now, our first round opponents slovenia are nothing and we will walk straight over them".

Thank You.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
Sashta LixFe said:
Slovenia vs Russia

Woohoo, Russia had declared that they are the dark horse on every tournament. With young and experienced combination, Sharapova and Grande, they are ready to kick ass. Their opponent should indeed be afraid. But it will not be necessary right now, since Russia can sometimes lose because of small fight between the two players. I would recommend sending three different set of points. I think time will tell whether they are great team or not. Their opponent this week, Slovenia, had not showed their best performance so far. The team captain Bartoli, had showed dedication in winning and boasting the team’s spirit, however, Matevzic could not even be bothered with it, which resulted in poor scouting. While Russia is still looking for a new member, but for me, I think Slovenia should also be looking for a new member.
We're interesting cause we have a back story. :angel:

·
Martina&Roger <3
7,823 Posts
Slovenia:

Bartoli
Matevzic
Matevzic
Bartoli
Bartoli/Matevzic

Please Felix use my old points for singles and doubles!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.