Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Congrats Juanqui!!!

And congrats to Rebecca--don't try to play it off because everytime I think of Juan Carlos I see your smiling face! LOL! You must care now!

·
Banned
6 Posts
Anybody who speaks Spanish care to translate what Ferrero said for his acceptance speech? i see that he has a new gf now... ;)

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
:bounce: :D :bounce:

Justine and Juan Carlos... :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
JCFmosbites said:
Anybody who speaks Spanish care to translate what Ferrero said for his acceptance speech? i see that he has a new gf now... ;)
I have it on tape, but doubt that I can translate it :p I'm yet to even watch it. I'll see what I can do ;) Don't look for anything longer than one sentance frome me, though :D

Thanks for thinking of me Darkheart ;) I celebrated by working all day and not even seeing the end of the match :p

Mrs Guga - Maybe I'll smile when I watch it ;)

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Q. How gratifying is it to keep that kind of rhythm throughout the entire match? Not only mentally were you strong, but your strokes seemed almost perfect with everything - your return, the serve.

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Yeah, you know, I think I had the experience last year to play bad the final, you know. And this time, before the match, you know, I was thinking that I have to try to give my best, to try to give my best mentally, physically, tennistically.
So I think I went to the court so concentrate since the beginning of the match. I break his serve in the first game, and I start to feel so good all the time from the base of the line, return, serving.
So I think was the perfect final for me.

Q. Now that you won a Grand Slam title, do you say to yourself, "Okay, I've done this. Now I'm a truly elite player. I'm there with Lleyton, Albert, I'm there with Agassi. Now I can legitimately call myself one of the top guys"?

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: I think I am one of the top guys, you know. I am No. 1 in the Race. I don't know in the entry what I'm gonna be, but...

Q. Three.

JUAN CARLOS FERRERO: Still 3... (Shaking his head.)
What's that shit, huh (laughter)?

You know, I think maybe I'm gonna think more in Wimbledon or US Open, because how I win this tournament, I want to win another tournament different of this.
But, you know, also I gonna try to win again this tournament. But, mentally, you know, my mentally right now is US Open or Australia or Wimbledon because I want to win the tournament in hard court - I mean Grand Slam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts