Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Snitch
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on with equal opportunity in coaching for women? What's the deal with that?

·
Snitch
16,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do you think there are so few female coaches? For some reason I'm sure Momo will be a top coach in the game...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
the williams sisters?

·
Banned
13,355 Posts
Why do you think there are so few female coaches? For some reason I'm sure Momo will be a top coach in the game...
I remember Emilie Loit saying on Eurosport that it is difficult to find a female coach who is willing to travel around the world 24/7.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I think Safarova does too.

Yes,Safarova's coach is Biljana Veselinovic former Serbian FED CUP captain.Also Biljana is Srebotnik's ex coach.
Biljana is very-very good friend with Amelie Mauresmo.

·
Premium Member
37,263 Posts
I remember Emilie Loit saying on Eurosport that it is difficult to find a female coach who is willing to travel around the world 24/7.
as with many other professions, it seems to be okay for a man to not see his family for a long time, more so than for a woman. i often wonder how coaches with families are handling this - they have to have very understanding partners.

·
upset I can't delete posts anymore
10,149 Posts
as with many other professions, it seems to be okay for a man to not see his family for a long time, more so than for a woman. i often wonder how coaches with families are handling this - they have to have very understanding partners.
Seems most of them have partners that were once involved in tennis or another sport. Some work in tennis as well. Sam Sumyk comes to mind.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
Are you sure? I've read it multiply that Ali travels with her mom and sister, who's her coach now and played for Vanderbilt
I saw her match in against Kuznestova in Auckland in a stream and she had a male coach and the commentators said it was Gullickson ;).
But on the other hand the commentator was Dominik Hrbarty so it also could be wrong :lol:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts