·
Banned
48,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D:bounce::bounce: Finally a win for Ai

·
Registered
8,682 Posts
wow, scoring only 4 games against Sugiyama is just :tape: When was it last time Sugiyama won like that. A year ago?

·
Registered
16,700 Posts
wow, scoring only 4 games against Sugiyama is just When was it last time Sugiyama won like that. A year ago?
:rolls:

How long has Urszula been on the tour fulltime?

Losing to somebody as experienced as Sugiyama 3 and 1 is not exactly :tape: worthy.

·
Registered
8,682 Posts
Привет;15487130 said:
:rolls:

How long has Urszula been on the tour fulltime?

Losing to somebody as experienced as Sugiyama 3 and 1 is not exactly :tape: worthy.
I won't say anything more than, as i havent seen the match, still i sense Ai didn't have to use much of her experience... :tape:

·
Registered
9,347 Posts
Ai you legend:) She has been beating inexperienced players comfortably for years now. She knew what she had to do. (clearly!)

Great win for her and it should keep this tie pretty interesting.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Im not so surprised, although I was expecting this match to go to 3 sets. It didn't... because Sugiyama has a ton of experience over her opponent.

Players like Suigiyama who have been on the tour for decades, don't just choke and dissapear in Fed Cup matches, I'm pretty sure that u could put veteran Sugiyama against most up and coming juniors, and in Fed Cup matches, she would likely pull through.

·
Registered
32,263 Posts
Sugiyama is a very doog player while Radwanska is not event a top 80 players. It's quite normal she trashed the youngster.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Ula :( :hug: Tons of UEs, but I'm not very suprised with this defeat, she usually plays worse after a longer break from tournaments. She told the press that she hasn't adjust to the surface yet (and clay is her worst surface (at least imo))

On the other hand, Sugiyama played very good, her returns were :yeah: plus it seems that she handled the change of surface much better than Ula. Congrats ;)

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Ai played really well
Ula didn't play for a couple of weeks. she's preparing herself to "matura" - final and difficult exam in Polish school system

1 - 20 of 23 Posts