Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Amazing play from Kristina here!!!Mentally so strong!Well done when Caroline Garcia not here real KiKi ready to fight big for her country!!:worship::worship::worship::worship:

AO SF was leading 3-0 in this 2nd set before KiKi won 5 consecutive games and was about to bagel her!

France is now 2-1

oh and 4 the haters:kiss::wavey:

Fed Cup KiKi too strong 4 you

FedCup KiKi lead France to Victory. Won Doubles pairing her childhood friend Amandine Hesse. France def Belgium 3-2!!!

·
Honorary Admin
99,447 Posts
FC WG1: Mladenovic def Mertens 64 64 (France-Belgium 2-1)

Kiki did the job :yeah: She was very solid, made most of the winners in this match (and probably most of the UEs as well :lol: ). Great defense too, really glad to see her playing this good after her slump!
Despite a bad second set start like yesterday (was 0-3) she then managed to level her game and won 5 games in a row!
Elise was febrile in some important points, but saved 3 MPs on her own serve (and avoided a virtual bagel from 3-0 to 3-6), and another one on Kiki's serve but it wasn't enough :hug:
Some good points between the two, but too bad they weren't playing well at the same time most of the time.

Now France leads 2-1
And we can really say that Kiki's back! :D

·
always getting what i want
18,243 Posts
Re: FC WG1: Mladenovic def Mertens 64 64 (France-Belgium 2-1)

She's back! Forza!

Reactions: d_b_prince and Ceze

·
18,243 Posts
Re: FedCup FRABEL : KiKi Mladenovic def AO SF E.Mertens 6-4 6-4 FRA leads 2-1

Forza Forza Forza!

Reactions: améliemomo

·
Registered
2,685 Posts

That was shocking—in terms of how well Mladenovic played and how badly Mertens played.

Can't remember seeing Elise play this bad since last season during Asian swing, just an atrocious display of the most cringe-inducing UEs imaginable. Her returning was also way off her best, and she wasn't really ever going for her shots. Although I could sympathize with her game plan of targeting the Kiki BH wing, it's just that Mladenovic was surprisingly solid from that side for most of the match. The only good tennis she showed the entire match was when saving match points at 0-40, 3-5 down :lol: That was just so so so bad, wow, in shock! :lol: :eek:

But Kiki played really well. Peaking off the ground for a lot of the match, and raising her intensity when needed. Not surprised she put up this kind of performance on her home court.

·
Registered
20,780 Posts

She looks back :lol:

Mertens though :tape:

·
Registered
324 Posts

She's definitely back.
Nothing in the world looks better than Kiki in light blue.

·
Registered
15,779 Posts

Ugh

Mertens was up 3-0 in the second.

Then she sorta got tired or whatever... and could no longer keep up with the Serbian, who maintained her Fed Cup intensity from start to finish

·
Premium Member
41,959 Posts

An important match between two hot (top 20) competitors!

Kristina likes that Fed Cup atmosphere, right? :)

·
18,243 Posts

FORZA! :hearts:

·
Registered
23,230 Posts

expected better from elise tbh, but mlads obviously is at ascending form again. nice.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts

Gotta give the girl credit, 15 losses in a row was apparently not enough to kill the bug that was up her ass. I wonder how many more good wins will be required before we start hearing some new “opinions” about other players?

·
Registered
9,376 Posts

Kiki playing really rather well and Elise had none of the answers. :( Her return of serve was pretty off too. Sigh.

Kiki has a similar problem to Kerber (and sometimes Venus) in that she really struggles to close out a match.

·
Registered
16,195 Posts

Forza haters in ruins

:bigwave:

·
Registered
17,131 Posts

Mladenovic supporters are significantly more annoying than haters.

She’s ranked #13 in the world for craps sake, and she beat a girl in Fed Cup whose never accomplished anything but a freak run to the AO SF :spit: I’d hope she could win that one :help: not to mention that it was just a few weeks ago so a letdown is expected.

I’m sure Mertens will take her SF and Fed Cup loss over Mlad’s 1R and win here any day :bigwave:

Reactions: ianh and M.A.S.L.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts

Kiki seems to be a bad matchup for Elise.

·
Premium Member
41,959 Posts

Mladenovic supporters are significantly more annoying than haters.

She’s ranked #13 in the world for craps sake, and she beat a girl in Fed Cup whose never accomplished anything but a freak run to the AO SF :spit: I’d hope she could win that one :help: not to mention that it was just a few weeks ago so a letdown is expected.

I’m sure Mertens will take her SF and Fed Cup loss over Mlad’s 1R and win here any day :bigwave:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts