Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
think there should be a thread here unless there are strong objections since the rest of the slovakia forum is kinda dead :unsure:

------

Hantuchova first up in Bratislava
World No. 14 Daniela Hantuchova will meet Lucie Safarova in the opening match of the 2007 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas tie between Slovak Republic and Czech Republic in Bratislava.

Czech Republic's Nicole Vaidisova, ranked No. 8 in the world, will follow on court against Dominika Cibulkova.

The full draw is as follows:

Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v Lucie Safarova (CZE)
Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) v Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)
Daniela Hantuchova (SVK) v Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)
Dominika Cibulkova (SVK) v Lucie Safarova (CZE)
Daniela Hantuchova/Janette Husarova (SVK) v Iveta Benesova/Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova (CZE)

-----

good luck slovakia :yeah:

·
Registered
200 Posts
good luck Daniela :hearts: thought it was one FED CUP country in the past :lol:

·
Registered
6,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
more pics, she's actually looking really good :)

^someone has got to caption that!

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Good Luck Dani!!! Hope they get a good start :) and I agree Dani looks hot(long hair= good) :)

·
Registered
12,474 Posts
Woah! In that last pic.. Daniela looks :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Safarova & Vaidisova...two tough matches

Good luck Dani (looking great as always) :drool:

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Thanks for posting these new pics. I especially love the one of Dani with Nicole. :D :hearts: I just love seeing two of my favorite together again. :hearts: Anyway i hope Dani and the rest of the Slovak team does well this weekend.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
This is a really tough tie. Daniela's performances could be a deciding factor.

Lots of great pics coming out of these Fed Cup ties. Daniela looks great with her long hair. :)

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
From danielahantuchova.sk

Interview with Daniela Hantuchová

I am anxious to be on court. There are still many things we need to work on, but I would like to play already, said Daniela during this interview.

Do you feel that this tie against the czech players is very prestigious for you? Any special feeling?
Certainly, it‘s gonna be interesting for us and even more for the spectators. I would say the chances are 50-50 with the current form being decisive. Perhaps we have better shot to win because we are playing at home. We shall see.

What do you judge of your opponents Vaidisova and Safarova?
Both are great players, experienced great start to the season and are high in the ranks. That speaks for itself. But I don‘t worry and when I go to court I am thinking only about my game. I don‘t care who stands on the other side of the net. Not at that time.

So you don‘t care even when it is Vaidisova who stands there? Is it true that you are friends?
Yeah, we get along very well. But that won‘t play any role during the match.

Were you talking with her about the upcoming duel?
We talked mainly about our birthday, because we both have a birthday next monday. But we are not going to celebrate together, because the best present for me is victory in this tie. I guess Nicole wouldn't agree… About our match we will talk here when I meet her. We haven‘t seen each other lately.

You already played against the czech team once, in 2000 you beat Hrdlickova (now Peschke). Do you remember?
Yeah, I remember very well. It was a great experience for me, because it was the first time I was given the chance to play a Fed Cup singles match, it was at home and I won. Great memories! But this tie will be much more difficult. Of course I don‘t wanna dispraise Hrdlickova‘s performance, surely she played great tennis at that time, but the opponents we face on weekend are very strong, besides I have a big responsibility on my shoulders now. At that time 7 years ago nobody knew me, nobody expected anything and my main motivation was to enjoy myself on a big court. This time it is absolutely different situation.

Do you feel any pressure?
Of course there are some expectations. I am the number one in the slovak team and I am expected to make the points. I am aware of this and will try to do everything in my power to fulfill these expectations.

Are you satisified with the claycourt at NTC?
I‘ve already practiced on it and am pleasantly surprised how good it is. I am still waiting to see what shadows over the court will do in the afternoon.

So clay is acceptable for you? But majority of the year you play on hardcourts…
True, but now it‘s clay court season, so clay is now more familiar to any player. And this one is very hard. It‘s one of the faster claycourts out there.

What about your well-being nowadays?
I feel really ok, recent victory at Indian Wells really helped my mentality. I would like to reach top 10 and I think I played top 10 tennis in that desert. But it‘s not necessary to make any conclusions based on that. There are new tournaments and in every match you need to be focused from the start.

Is there anything what will help you to relax before the weekend. Do you still play piano?
I do sometimes, but of course it‘s not possilbe to play before matches. At these times there is only tennis in my head. But yeah, sometimes I like to play piano. Classics like Bach, Mozart or Beethoven, my beloved composers. As for the relaxation before weekend I suppose I‘ll be at home with my closest family and believe I‘ll find a time to go to see Bratislava. I am looking forward to this walk.

Where exactly will you go?
You know, I am not gonna tell you… And I will try to disguise myself as much as possible to have some privacy.

Why? Do you mind your fans and their interest in you?
Of course not, I need their support. When they are cheering for me every stroke of mine feels better. But off-court there are times when you would like to be invisible. To be one‘s own man.

Hantuchová – „It will be difficult, but if we can show our best tennis and with support from the crowd we can succeed“.

Hantuchová (refering to her potential male partner) – „Considering I am still involved in world of sport, I would prefer someone outside of it.“

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
woohoo!! Go Dani!! o_o Nicole and Lucie...it's gunna be tough!! :bounce:

·
Registered
581 Posts
nice interview and nice pictures
now all you need is to make it a nice match dani....;)

·
Registered
8,123 Posts
Hantuchová (refering to her potential male partner) – „Considering I am still involved in world of sport, I would prefer someone outside of it.“
i am outside of it, do i qualify? :lol:

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Daniela just dropped the first set 7-6(1) against Lucie. Dani was a break up and served for the set but got broken to love. Then she had a set point on Lucie's serve but couldn't take it. :(

1 - 20 of 51 Posts