Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Complete and utter mess.

Mertens was diabolical, even worse than in her match against Mladenovic. Returning Amandine Hesse’s 120 KpH second serves 2 meters long is not acceptable. She looked absolutely clueless out there.

Flipkens tried, but there’s only so much you can do when you’re powerless and can’t hit a backhand. With all her ‘great touch’ she also can’t put away an easy volley to save her life. There’s a reason she’s now 1-10 in Fed Cup doubles (I still have nightmares about that doubles with poor Justine in the 2006 Fed Cup final against Italy).

Hesse is a club level player and I’m being generous. The only thing Mertens/Flipkens had to do was target her and they still somehow fucked up. To Hesse’s credit she was slightly less abysmal in the third.

Mladenovic was the only half decent player on court. She’s still a vile creature, but she did win this tie on her own. So congrats, I guess. :yeah:

Also, I don’t think Bartoli is coming back any time soon. She looked about as huge as the umpire (Alison Huge).

·
Registered
52,929 Posts
Re: Fed Cup WG 1: Mladenovic def. Mertens/Flipkens/Hesse; France def. Belgium 3-2

Bravo France :hi5:
messy tie in general , apart from Kiki- who would have thought a few weeks ago :eek:h:

·
Registered
16,196 Posts
Re: Fed Cup WG 1: Mladenovic def. Mertens/Flipkens/Hesse; France def. Belgium 3-2

Kiki destroyed them all by herself :inlove:

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Well done Mlad! But they’ll need Garcia in the SF if they face USA.

·
Premium Member
66,175 Posts

Did anybody just listen to Mladenovic's on court interview in English? :help: Poor thing won three matches and now she's all like "I have no doubt that I am back, what happened is in the past, I proved myself". :haha: Also was talking about how proud she of how Hesse held her own like she's some 12 year old girl who just started playing tennis. Truly the most despicable woman on tour by a mile.

·
Registered
52,929 Posts

Well done Mlad! But they’ll need Garcia in the SF if they face USA.
or Cornet :eek:h: on clay :eek:h: against Serena :eek:h:
joking ;)

TBH, playing the USA in April, in France , so probably on clay ..
who knows... :shrug:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,604 Posts

Mertens was horrific from what I've seen, Hesse was outplaying her :spit:

·

Did anybody just listen to Mladenovic's on court interview in English? :help: Poor thing won three matches and now she's all like "I have no doubt that I am back, what happened is in the past, I proved myself". :haha: Also was talking about how proud she of how Hesse held her own like she's some 12 year old girl who just started playing tennis. Truly the most despicable woman on tour by a mile.
:spit::haha:

·
Registered
23,230 Posts

Complete and utter mess.

Mertens was diabolical, even worse than in her match against Mladenovic. Returning Amandine Hesse’s 120 KpH second serves 2 meters long is not acceptable. She looked absolutely clueless out there.

Flipkens tried, but there’s only so much you can do when you’re powerless and can’t hit a backhand. With all her ‘great touch’ she also can’t put away an easy volley to save her life. There’s a reason she’s now 1-10 in Fed Cup doubles (I still have nightmares about that doubles with poor Justine in the 2006 Fed Cup final against Italy).

Hesse is a club level player and I’m being generous. The only thing Mertens/Flipkens had to do was target her and they still somehow fucked up. To Hesse’s credit she was slightly less abysmal in the third.

Mladenovic was the only half decent player on court. She’s still a vile creature, but she did win this tie on her own. So congrats, I guess. :yeah:

Also, I don’t think Bartoli is coming back any time soon. She looked about as huge as the umpire (Alison Huge).
ruins are growing already in the distance. glorious. :lol:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts