Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have some good news for you all...

Maret is know controlling the game vs Tzipi...

Looks like ISRAEL will be next year SEEDED #1 in a regional league called (if I can remember) EURO AFRICA ZONE 1 ! Good luck !

I am very happy, waiting that moment since the israeli audience behaviour vs Russia 2 years ago !

·
Registered
806 Posts
Israel team`s behavior was really bad in Estonia too. So hope to never see this team in Estonia. Hopefully they will stay in EURO AFRICA ZONE 1 for years. I have not seen such a awful team before. Shouting all the time and disturbing players before service. Nothing more to say... It was really bad to see and hear

·
Registered
116 Posts
They did the same at home against Safina and Sharapova two years ago...

Hopefully if there is something called God, they are now punished from World Group to Zonal tie;

I can understand a motivated team acomplishing miracles like Italy or the USA and sometimes being a little bit pushy...

I just cant admit shouting between first and second service and before opponent's shots because it's not tennis anymore it's "corrida de toros"...

Be sure :
- with such strong teams with strong second players as Rumania, Hungary, Great Britain, Croatia, Slovenia
- Tzipi getting older and older
- the small chance they have to organize the event (11 other nations much more secure)

They will be stuck in Zonal tie for a while

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
And thus my ignore list finally hits double-digits :rolleyes:

To the point, this is a really painful loss, the third consecutive to a more or less equal team to be lost on the doubles match (recap: at home vs Czech Republic, Tzipi 2-0, Shahar 0-2; at Ukraine, Shahar 2-0, Tzipi 0-2; at Estonia, Shahar 1-1, Tzipi 1-1). After the first set, they really shouldn't have lost this match.
If Tzipi does not return next year, she deserved a better finish to her record tenure with the team. Glushko is still far off even from her current, semi-retired level...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts