Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VRT teletext has done it again

'Martens nominates Fed Cup Team'

which will in include Malisse, Rochus, Rochus and Vliegen

The US better already select both Williams sisters if the want to stand any chance of beating us :lol: :p

I wonder who's responsable for putting up these pages :rolleyes:

· Registered
2,739 Posts
great smash said:
VRT teletext has done it again

'Martens nominates Fed Cup Team'

which will in include Malisse, Rochus, Rochus and Vliegen

The US better already both Williams sisters if the want to stand any chance of beating us :lol: :p

I wonder who's responsable for putting up these pages :rolleyes:
I find it really amazing how it's possible that they mess up time and time again. I participated two years ago at selections for free lance writer at VRT Teletekst and the tests were very difficult.

· Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Queen Elisabeth said:
I find it really amazing how it's possible that they mess up time and time again. I participated two years ago at selections for free lance writer at VRT Teletekst and the tests were very difficult.
You could attribute this to a silly mistake, but it indeed goes beyond that. It seems the people who write this aren't really into tennis, hence if the read it again to spot errors they simply fail to notice something's not right.

· ***** Emeritus
45,161 Posts
I don't mind too much in the tennis related articles (since I know more about tennis than them anyway ;)), but if I read some articles about a sport I don't know much about, who's gonna tell me I'm informed correctly?

· Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Crow said:
I don't mind too much in the tennis related articles (since I know more about tennis than them anyway ;)), but if I read some articles about a sport I don't know much about, who's gonna tell me I'm informed correctly?
So true. Seeing all the errors in tennis related articles has made me aware reliability of most media is not as high as it should be...

· Registered
17,877 Posts
hilarious! :tape:

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
Look at it this way: how many people in the world are there whose job is teletext-writing (or proof-reading)? And how many people are there who know the difference between Fed Cup & Davis Cup? (Be honest now.)

So what are the chances of those two groups of people overlapping? Pretty small I'd guess.

· Registered
3,619 Posts
Belgium wants to ensure they win at least one of the competitions. The biggest attraction is seeing Malisse, Rochus, Rochus and Vliegen in ultra-tight miniskirts. I wonder what the boys will wear underneath their skirts? At least their shorts already had netting in them. ;)

· Registered
953 Posts
Queen Elisabeth said:
They also still switch ATP/WTA around sometimes! (so do some of the commentators : they talk about how many ATP-titles Kim has,... :rolleyes:
Really annoying! :(

I remember Carl Huybrechts talking about Antwerp as an ATP-tournament with Kim standing next to him. She took his microphone and said it's WTA and not ATP!!
:p

· Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
31,158 Posts
carl huybrechts must be the biggest moron on vrt, but he sure seems to have a big fan at the highest level :rolleyes:

· Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
4,852 Posts
carot said:
carl huybrechts must be the biggest moron on vrt, but he sure seems to have a big fan at the highest level :rolleyes:
Indeed! Look at the CL this year, terrible :mad:

· Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
4,852 Posts
The Crow said:
Indeed! And that other guy (Robin I think) did such a great job the previous years :rolleyes: Carl, go home! :mad:
It's terrible that they did this, I read an interview with Robin and how disappointed he was, why would they change?

· Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
31,158 Posts
yeah, i was indeed talking about CL... it's horrible

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.