Tennis Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Belgium: will Kim and Justine will play or that they will prefer to rest...?

Russia: The "Sharapova" case- Will she be there for Russia or again she will choose again not to play. If she will play and assuming that Dementieva will be there- How they will be in the same team...

·
Banned
9,812 Posts
itzhak said:
Belgium: will Kim and Justine will play or that they will prefer to rest...?

Russia: The "Sharapova" case- Will she be there for Russia or again she will choose again not to play. If she will play and assuming that Dementieva will be there- How they will be in the same team...
I asked this question awhile ago. The tie will be on CLAY, which Kim said she will try to limit her time on this year. Justine said she will try to play Fed Cup if she is fit enough. I see Kim playing also. So the belgium team will be Kim, Justine, Els (for doubles) and some other player

Russian team will definitely have Dementieva and Safina. As for the other 2 players, not sure. I really can't see Sharapova agreeing to play, especially on clay. Kuznetsova returning to the team is a possibility. Not sure about Petrova. They can always call on Myskina again. The 4th member of the team will probably be a youngster like Dushevina etc. So I predict Russian team to be

Dementieva
Kuznetsova
Safina
Dushevina

·
Registered
662 Posts
elena will play for sure.maybe safina,dushevina.but i have no idea who will be the fourth one.

and i dont think henin will play.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Why pick Safina over Myskina??

·
Premium Member
181,942 Posts
Vera D on clay...... :help:

i'd go with
Lena D ;) Sveta, Dinara and Nadia,
Kirilenko on clay is very good also.

Sharapova..... if she says she wants to play, she'll be picked.
Nastya doesnt want to play this yr, she said so.

·
Registered
12,234 Posts
I heard the Russian Tennis Federation had a problem with Nadia, I was just wondering if this was true? :confused:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Sharapova
Dementieva
Kuznetsova
Safina

Can't see Kim playing.
The tie hinges on whether Justine plays.

·
Registered
9,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If sharapova and Dementieva will be together- It will be interesting to see their relationship...

·
Registered
9,122 Posts
I hope Maria is announced as part of the team even if she sits out the clay tie against Belgium lol...Dementieva and some other Russian player who is more comfortable on clay can surely keep things competitive in the meantime. Maria can just play the next one. ;)

I somehow doubt both Kim and Justine will come out to play. :shrug:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,138 Posts
There is only one certainty. Barring injuries, incomparable Lena D. will play.

Other than that, nothing is clear. I doubt Sveta will ever play in Belgium again .. though.. this could be a very good revenge cause..

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I doubt Justine and Kim will play, let alone them both. If they don't, the Russian team can call whoever they want from 50-100 and they should win 5-0. However, if one or both of them decide to play, the best Russian team playing on clay in Belgium should be: Dementieva, Kuznetsova, Petrova and Safina (or Kirilenko).

I doubt Sharapova will play.

Why would Kuznetsova never want to play in Belgium again? What happened with her there?

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
itzhak said:
If sharapova and Dementieva will be together- It will be interesting to see their relationship...
oh yeah, it will be indeed!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,089 Posts
lucashg said:
Why would Kuznetsova never want to play in Belgium again? What happened with her there?
don't you know about the dopingincident? she was caught using something to heal a cold or something in charleroi(off-season) but the medicine she was using wasn't illegal in the offseason so she didn't get into trouble.

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Justine re-confirmed on her official site that she officially commited towards Carl Maes (coach) and Andre Stein ( head of the AFT) for Fedcup this year if offcourse she's healthy during those periods

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Lena D is a cert. It will then be three from Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Safina, Petrova, Dushevina and Kirilenko.

The strength in depth that the Russians have is phenomenal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts