Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's always a surprise or two in Fed Cup, but still. Embarrassing for Baby Jeca.

·
Registered
8,386 Posts
Re: Fed cup group I: Buyukakcay def. Ostapenko 62 36 63 (1-1 in tie)

:hysteric:

·
Premium Member
63,826 Posts
Aljona :sad:

·
Registered
37,519 Posts
Without a doubt her worst loss since winning RG, even taking into consideration the fact that Buyucarcrash raises her level when she plays in/for Turkey :lol:

·
Registered
37,519 Posts
Where is the consistency? A slam winner shouldnt lose to friggin Buyukakcay on an indoor fast court unless he has one leg cut-off or is 7 months into pregnancy!
I agree with you about the consistency part, but just to clarify these Indoor courts are actually very slow. Ostapenko actually mentioned that last year when she almost lost to Buyukakcay after winning St Petersburg Doubles.

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
Welp, she's looked bad since the beginning of the year but still

Reactions: Shvedbarilescu

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Where is the consistency? A slam winner shouldnt lose to friggin Buyukakcay on an indoor fast court unless he has one leg cut-off or is 7 months into pregnancy!
You're talking about the slam winner who lost to Krystina Pliskova, Krunic, Lepchenko, so... here's your consistency :shrug:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Disappointing start to the year for Aljona. Luckily still early days, but hopefully she gets it together soon. Inconsistency will always be apart of her game but I have hope she can find a somewhat stable level so horrible losses like this occur less frequently

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Delicious. I exprct Ostanpenk to play terribly until mid nedt year and to then make an ostentatious (s.f) run at the lead up chased by an amicable followup at Wimbledon (q.f).

Although, usually Im wrong...

1 - 20 of 51 Posts