1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
It's strange how ties can flip in a matter of weeks / months. With Bertens having surgery, it looks like China have hit the jackpot facing a bunch of Schoofs, Kerkhove's, Hogenkamps etc. (assuming some of China's better players actually play). Podoroska's emergence (and the location) has made the Argentina-Kazakh match more interesting, although you'd still probably fancy the visitors, and the same to a lesser extent with Zarazua and Mexico (vs Great Britain). If Konta is out (didn't play the Slovakia tie), then Renata will probably fancy her chances of getting a singles win or two.

I always enjoy the Fed Cup breaks.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Huge boost today for Great Britain. Their match with Mexico is now at home:

Zarazua could still be a threat, but with a hard court instead of clay, no travelling, more chance of a stronger squad, no altitude, it's flipped massively back in GBs favour. I assume it'll be behind closed doors as I can't see too much changing in 3 months. It'll probably be at the National Tennis Centre where the Battle of the Brits was held.

·
Registered
30 Posts
With the Australian Open about to release the 2021 starting date as February 1, this tournament will get moved!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
But if they didn't then it would be like a classic W25 tie between the likes of Marcinkevica, Vismane, Raina, and Bhosale.

Hopefully as many top players as possible show up.
Ostapenko will play for sure. Sevastova had an injury so I'm not sure about her. Marcinkevica also could be very competitive against India, she won a set against Goerges in the previous tie she played.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Can anyone remind me, in summary. the differences between the previous Fed Cup format and this upcoming BJK Cup format?

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
5-6 February. The all-new Billie Jean King Cup Play-offs will be coming to a town near you.

I'm sorry, but that's a lie. None of those venues is remotely near "my" town. The closest (Tokyo) is around a 14 hour flight - if, in fact, there are any!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts