Discussion Starter #1
Fed Cup 2020 Asia/Oceania Group I

Event Information

• Dates: 4-8 February 2020
  • Venue: Dongguan Tennis Centre
  • City: Dongguan, China
  • Surface: Hard (outdoors)
Format
Nations - China, Chinese Taipei, India, Indonesia, Korea Republic and Uzbekistan.
Round-robin basis. One pool of 6 teams.
Promotion and relegation will be determined by the finishing positions in the group. Teams finishing in 1st and 2nd place will be promoted. Teams finishing in 5th and 6th place will be relegated.
Two promoted.
Two relegated.

Team Nominations

China, P.R.

Chinese Taipei

India

Indonesia

Korea, Rep.

Uzbekistan

https://www.fedcup.com/en/draws-results/group-i/asia-oceania/2020.aspx

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will the Fed Cup 2020 Asia/Oceania Group I be postponed due to the Wuhan virus?

Could it be played in Australia instead of Dongguan in China?

Full teams of CHN and TPE are already in Melbourne playing the AO2020.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"The playing venue will be moved to Kazakhstan."

Wang Qiang, member of the CHN team, told reporters after losing R4 of the AO singles. She said she will return to China first.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"
ITF STATEMENT REGARDING FED CUP ASIA/OCEANIA GROUP I

26 Jan 2020

The ITF has announced that the Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Asia/Oceania Group I event, due to take place next month at the Dongguan Tennis Centre in Dongguan, China, P.R., will now be played in the National Tennis Centre in Nur-Sultan (formerly Astana), Kazakhstan.

The decision to move the event to a different venue was taken due to increasing travel restrictions in China, P.R. at the present time and followed consultation with independent security advisors.

The event will still take place on 4-8 February 2020, as originally scheduled. The two best-performing nations from the event will progress to the Fed Cup Play-Offs in April.

The National Tennis Centre in Nur-Sultan hosted the last edition of this event in 2019.
"

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Refused?

UPDATE 3-Kazakhstan suspends all transport links with China over virus

UPDATE 3-Kazakhstan suspends all transport links with China over virus

The former Soviet republic of 19 million has also refused to host the Asian Water Polo Championships next month or serve as a substitute host for the tennis Fed Cup qualifying event initially scheduled for Feb. 4-8 in China’s Dongguan.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

"
POSTPONED ASIA/OCEANIA GROUP I EVENT TO TAKE PLACE IN DUBAI IN MARCH
07 Feb 2020

The ITF has today announced that the postponed Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Asia/Oceania Group I event originally due to be played in Dongguan China in February will now take place at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Stadium on 3–7 March 2020.
The event will be held in the week following the ATP Dubai tournament at the same venue, and will see six nations – China P.R., Chinese Taipei, India, Indonesia, Korea Rep. and Uzbekistan - compete for a place in the Fed Cup Play-offs in April.
The Fed Cup Play-offs draw will take place on Tuesday 11 February. The losing nations from the Fed Cup Qualifiers on 7-8 February will each be drawn against one of the advancing nations from the Regional Group I events. The Draw will include 2 spaces for the nations advancing from the Asia/Oceania Group I event.
The draw will be livestreamed on FedCup.com at 11:00 GMT on Tuesday 11 February.
"
https://www.fedcup.com/en/news/315478.aspx

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
55 Posts
Schedule According to Gulf News :
Tuesday: CHN vs IND; KOR vs UZB; TPE vs INA
Wednesday: TPE vs KOR; IND vs UZB; CHN vs INA