Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great team with Anne & Mel in top 100 singles, Bally at 108 and Sarah top 100 doubles. Good luck girls :)

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
Can't wait!

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who will be in our group?

Who will we field on the first day - singles, doubles?

Who will play doubles with Sarah?

Good luck team :):):):)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
If we play like we can do this group should def. be ours. However there are still some tough matches in there. Anne-Agnes should be interesting, can Anne make it 2-0 for the year?

·
Registered
54,564 Posts

Go girls :bounce:

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
we've got a good chance of getting through to the play offs. Great photos aswell :)

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great pics, great group, good luck :bounce:

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
They look great together, best of luck girls :D :D

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
Btw can some1 post a link to the info? I cant find anything about their Tie, and it starts 2moz right?

I would love it if there were live scores / coverage but I doubt it??

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
I think we have a great shot this year.....The girls are definietly primed!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Good pictures. They all look pretty happy to be there.

Nice use of different areas of the sports centre too, excellent stuff.

Good luck girls!!

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Btw can some1 post a link to the info? I cant find anything about their Tie, and it starts 2moz right?

I would love it if there were live scores / coverage but I doubt it??
WWW.FEDCUP.COM

From LTA FED CUP site

Great Britain has been drawn against Netherlands, Hungary and Luxembourg in this week’s Fed Cup by BNP Paribas.
Made up of Anne Keothavong, Mel South, Elena Baltacha and Sarah Borwell, the GB team is competing in Europe/Africa Zone Group I in Tallinn, Estonia.
Initially, Britain will compete in a round-robin pool of four with the winner and loser facing a promotion and relegation play-off respectively.
The first match will be against Hungary and is scheduled for Wednesday at 4pm local time - 2pm GMT.
“The draw could have been worse, we’re in a pretty good group,” said GB Fed Cup Captain Nigel Sears, who will be leading the team into battle for the third year.
“Hungary look to be the toughest team and Luxembourg will be no push-over. Netherlands are top seeds in the group but they look to be the weakest team on paper. We will take nothing for granted and approach each match one at a time. The team is in good spirits, eager and ready to play.”
Netherlands
Netherlands topped Pool A in 2008 before finally losing in a promotion play-off against a Serbian team that included Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic. Currently, their top two players are Arantxa Rus (No.155) and Michaella Krajicek (No.202).
Hungary
Hungary boast two players inside the top 100, Agnes Szavay (No.25) and Melinda Czink (No.83), while Greta Arn (No.157) may also feature. In 2008, they beat Britain 2-1 in Pool B but missed out on a play-off spot after losing to Switzerland 1-2.
Luxembourg
Luxembourg's experienced team includes two former top 50 players, Claudine Schaul (No.377) and Anne Kremer (No.480), who will line-up alongside Mandy Minella (No.327). In 2008, they finished third in Pool A following defeats against Netherlands and Bulgaria and a win over Portugal.

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
^ thanks! So 2pm, good time! I cant believe there isnt a proper page with the two teams listed, who is playing who and when etc. So will the girls all play their matches on the same day? 2 singles each with the doubles? I fink dats right :confused:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
The tie is best of 3, so anne and mel/bally will each play one singles match and then there is the doubles. Any idea if there's livescore? there normally is for the WG matches but i dont know about europe/africa level.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
The tie is best of 3, so anne and mel/bally will each play one singles match and then there is the doubles. Any idea if there's livescore? there normally is for the WG matches but i dont know about europe/africa level.
Dont think there is :( but i duno if they'll win this group because Rux could be tricky so could Kraijeck and dont count Hungary out because they have just as good a team as us there but i tink they can do it :yeah:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
^^I didnt think Kraijeck was playing which would help us. Apparently Anne and Bally will play the singles today with Anne partnering Sarah in the doubles. Wonder why he isnt using mel?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Im a bit surprise Mel South isnt playing in the doubles considering her ranking and the amount of itf doubles titles shes won. I think if we win both single matches, the Sears will put South in the doubles.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts