Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,566 Posts
and the Taiwanese and the Chinese teams :confused: ?

For China, I guess there will be LI Na and LIU Nan Nan in singles. I wonder who else. For doubles I also wonder if LI Na + LI Ting will be playing or Jie + Zi who have been performing well in UK (and it's not over yet :) ).

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
And anyone knows where to be played¡H

For Taiwan, I think Janet Lee, Su-Wei Hsieh,Chia-Jung Chuang will be playing. The last player may be Hsiao-Han Chao or Chin-Wei Chan, I hope it will be Chin-Wei, because her performance in doubles is very well.But I am really worried about Janet Lee, she has't played well recently,hope she can play well in Fed Cup.

·
Registered
11,925 Posts
The article is probably discussing the "other" players apart from the usuals, Wynne and Angie.

A pity Romana is injured and Yayuk not playing, because they seemed to have a good chance. However, they're still very formidable. Wukirasih seems quite a good doubles player (r/u Asian Champs). Pity she doesn't play much overseas tourneys. :(

It's been awhile since Liza Andriyani played Fed Cup. I remember she was the Number 2 player back in 1996 when Indonesia lost to Switzerland in a close battle.

Diana Julianto is probably the orange girl, like Angie was in the 1st series last year. Diana is overrated IMO. Her junior results haven't been that good, but I guess they must make use of whoever they have

I personally think Sandy Gumulya will be a better player than Diana based on results, but she's a couple of years younger.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Taiwanese team has been announced, too.

Janet Lee
Su-Wei Hsieh
Chia-Jung Chuang
Hsiao-Han Chao

But one problem is maybe Su-Wei can't get the visa which is to Guangzhou on time :( , so maybe Chin-Wei Chan will substitute her.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I'm disappointed that Hsiao-Han got chosen over Chin-Wei:sad:, I think the reason they choose Hsiao-Han rather than Chin-Wei maybe just because Hsiao-Han's ranking is higher than Chin-Wei.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,566 Posts
lin said:
Taiwanese team has been announced, too.

Janet Lee
Su-Wei Hsieh
Chia-Jung Chuang
Hsiao-Han Chao

But one problem is maybe Su-Wei can't get the visa which is to Guangzhou on time :( , so maybe Chin-Wei Chan will substitute her.
I am not familiar with visa procedures between Taiwan and China :confused: . How much time does it usually take to get such a visa?

For how long has she applied for the visa already?

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Another bad news for Taiwan

It is confirmed that Su-Wei can't play Fed Cup because the visa:fiery:, and Chia-Jung is injured so that she can't play Fed Cup, too.:fiery: Chin-Wei will play Fed Cup, the other player hasnt been confirmed.

Since Su-Wei and Chia-Jung won't play Fed Cup, I don't expect Taiwan can play greatly in Fed Cup, just hope Janet Lee and Chin-Wei try their best.And I also hope Su-Wei can play Indian Wells and boost her ranking.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I don't think Tzu-Ting Weng will be the alternate, because she is also injured :sad: when she played in New Delhi qualifying 2nd round against Chin-Wei .
I think maybe I-Ting Wang will be the alternate.

·
Registered
17,284 Posts
Any news from Thailand and China Fed Cup Team

Good Luck to all of them, especially Indonesian Team :bounce:
They are the future of Asian Tennis ;)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.