Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Petra :worship:

Winning 2 points again for the Czechs in FC :inlove:

Belinda was quite poor today and did not trouble Petra much today.

Petra played at a more consistent level than yesterday. Belinda just gave her more rhythm since she didn't play with as much variety as Golubic did yesterday.

Faced 2 break points, both of which she saved with Aces.

Czechs back in the Semis again for the 10th consecutive year :worship: Last defeat at home in the Czech Republic during the Fed Cup was 2009.. that's EIGHT years without a loss at home :bowdown:

·
Registered
11,305 Posts
I thought Bencic played pretty well in set 2 except the game where she got broken. She was bad in first set though. Petra's level ( which wasn't that high ) surprisingly didn't drop at any point. :lol:

Bencic constantly guesses 1st serves wrong and gets aced pretty frequently. I remember Lisicki and Sharapova both hitting more than 20 aces against her in a 2 set match, the former actually created a record for the most # of aces in a match !! How Bencic beat Serena with such a bad read on first serve must be a mystery. :lol:

·
Registered
10,631 Posts
Typical Petra, alternated brilliant shots with cheap errors, but the match was still NID, as the brilliance prevailed :yeah:

Belinda was better than yesterday, as Petra's game suits her more and gave her more rhythm, but the same could be said about Petra, as Belinda's game troubles her less than Golubic's.

After that match, Petra was joined on the court by Barbie and Lucie, the commentator mentioned that Petra is a combined 18-1 vs. these two teammates :lol:

10th Fed Cep semi in a row for the Czech team :worship:

·
Registered
23,230 Posts
as NID as it comes, told ya all before. BB in this form is a walking BYE...
there's only one FC GOAT anyway, so pojd czechs!! :worship:

·
Registered
16,197 Posts
Bencic is trash.
Winning Itfs and beating Old Venus doesnt mean you're.in great form

·
Registered
9,395 Posts
I thought Bencic played pretty well in set 2 except the game where she got broken. She was bad in first set though. Petra's level ( which wasn't that high ) surprisingly didn't drop at any point. :lol:

Bencic constantly guesses 1st serves wrong and gets aced pretty frequently. I remember Lisicki and Sharapova both hitting more than 20 aces against her in a 2 set match, the former actually created a record for the most # of aces in a match !! How Bencic beat Serena with such a bad read on first serve must be a mystery. :lol:
It's unusual how good her ROS was in that match, that is such a streaky part of her game. Even this year at the Hopman Cup she was hitting winners straight off the Zverev serve in mixed doubles, and yet in this match she just had no clue where to stand even... strange.

·
Registered
20,804 Posts
Bencic to me is solid, but that's about it. Decent movement, contacts the ball well, nice BH but nice is not going to cut it, a lot of players love nice. There are many players who just find her really easy to play, and Petra showed that today.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
Another woeful performance from Belinda. Please improve.
As told yesterday, Bencic is an overrated fat lady with no real talent. Hingis as a coach totally disappointed in Fed Cup Swiss as well. Swiss should educate their own players instead of relying on all these poor imports.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
So much hatred for a talented player coming back from wrist surgery. I think Belinda’s comeback is progressing quite nicely. Her level is at least top 30 at the moment. Laura Robson would kill for that.

·
As told yesterday, Bencic is an overrated fat lady with no real talent. Hingis as a coach totally disappointed in Fed Cup Swiss as well. Swiss should educate their own players instead of relying on all these poor imports.
No real talent? Really? Belinda has a lot of talent, she's just a total headcase - always has been.

·
Registered
11,930 Posts
CZE away from home in Fed Cup is always a daunting task.

Hopefully Belinda can learn from this experience.

Onwards and upwards, it's been a very good comeback so far from Belinda, needs to find some form again on the tour and she will be completely fine, no doubt in my mind she will be a top ten player again.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Only managed to catch the last 2 games and a slightly tense game that Petra just managed to close, however it appears to have been a more steady performance compared to yesterday’s highs and lows.

Germany away in the semis might be tough if Kerber, Goeges and co play, although if Pliskova is fit that is a bonus.

Onto Doha for Petra, a packed field there so it’ll be interesting to see which Petra shows up

·
Registered
55,969 Posts
Petra ! :bounce:

Amazing atmosphere in Prague ! :yeah:
The atmospheres at Fed Cup are the best :hearts:
Much better than at WTA tournaments ...

·
Registered
55,969 Posts

·
Registered