Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a pretty good match from both youngsters :worship:

Aryna delivers for Belarus once again, like she has done last year in FC. 2-1 down, playing as the favourite, and she delivers. What pressure? She played so well in that third set!

Antonia played really well and has a pretty good game. Nice serve and forehand. Can improve on her movement and defense though. She did really step up in the latter stages of that second set though to clinch it.

The doubles should be interesting... don't see any clear winner for that one!

Belarus should play Marozava/Sabalenka, and Germany should play Groenefeld/Maria.

Whoever wins will have a tough time with the Czechs though, that's for sure. Hopefully Belarus does win and Vika plays in the next tie (if she can), because I really wanna see Kvitova/Azarenka on a hard court in Prague :drool:

·
Registered
23,230 Posts
thank god, aryna. german scrubs coming through would be a disgrace of the highest order.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Sabalenka is so energising to watch, her persona is just perfect for the Fed Cup atmosphere :dance::dance::dance:.

Antonia was quite impressive as well, technically and mentally very solid game. She reminds me of Elise Mertens - this was a great practice for her and I am sure we will see her in the top 100 soon.

·
Blighted and solo
43,980 Posts
Arysha :inlove:

·
Registered
55,936 Posts
A great match and battle ! :hearts:

Sabalenka was too strong in the end. Congrats ! :yeah:
Aryna rolled through in 3rd set with such great, powerful tennis :speakles:

Antonia showed her quality and big potential in the 2nd set :drool:
The last game in 2nd set was amazing from Antonia. Simply impressive :worship:

A shame Germany or Belarus will lose. I want both to win :sobbing:

·
Registered
16,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Germany wins the doubles 6-7(4) 7-5 6-4 :lol:

With their 'D' team they manage to get to the SFs :hysteric:

If only Sasnovich was healthy :sobbing:

CZE-GER @ Porsche Arena (probably) will be interesting though if both Petra/Angie play.

·
Registered
55,936 Posts

·
Registered
55,936 Posts

·
Registered
55,936 Posts

·
Registered
55,936 Posts