Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've just started to get into podcasts (I know, I'm super late to the party) and wondered which of the regular tennis podcasts out there people like or dislike.

I enjoyed The Tennis Podcast from David Law and Catherine Whitaker during the French Open and have gone into their back catalog a bit. They seem to be proper working daily journalists and get more of a 'beat reporter' perspective than the SI.com/Tennis Channel podcast, which is a bit more 'high level' and driven by Wertheim's pet projects, but I'd like to hear what else is out there.

Would be glad to find a podcast that's primarily focused on women's tennis rather than trying to cover both tours, which inevitably leans towards the men, so if anyone here has an recommendations, type away!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
The Body Serve is great podcast. They cover both tours, but they are big women's tennis fans and focus more on the women.

No Challenges Remaining (with Ben Rothenberg & Courtney Nguyen) doesn't put out episodes much anymore, but they still put out a few a year and they have usually have stronger focus on women's tennis.

Courtney also does the WTA Insider podcast which is the only WTA only podcast that I know of. It's mostly short interviews with players/coaches. Occasionally she will have another journalist on to discuss things.

Racquet Magazine podcast (with Rennae Stubbs and Caitlin Thompson) just came back for season two with an interview with BJK. They mostly do longform interviews (I think most, if not all with female players) that aren't necessarily specific to current results, etc. so I don't think it will really seem too out of date if you go through their back catalog. They had some good interviews in season, particularly the Chris Evert and Kim Clijsters interviews were memorable.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
david law & catherine whittaker's tennis podcast is excellent.

here in australia, brett phillips, ( from radio station SEN) has a podcast, the first serve, which has an aussie flavour but is good.
i'm not sure of it's regularity, but it covers all tennis. it might be worth finding if you have some spare time.

·
always getting what i want
17,852 Posts
none

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I love The Tennis Podcast, with David Law and Catherine Whitaker. They have some fun in their voice, and cover off the main tennis talking points. I don't mind that it has a British skew, especially in the lead up to Wimbledon. Although, Catherine's feminist rants can get slightly cringe, but she doesn't usually labour over them, so i can get past it.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Some of these have been mentioned but...
The Body Serve - tune in for the spongeface incident, stay for thoughtful commentary.
Racquet Magazine - with occasional fashun segments with Petko :lol:
From the Brits but not just for the Brits:
The Passing Shot
The Tennis Podcast

·
Registered
22,097 Posts
Courtney and Ben have a book club where they read tennis books only.

I am starting a podcast since I have much unwanted free time. Let's just say Courtney and Ben won't be much of a thought when I start it up and get it going.

Reactions: TERRASTAR18
1 - 12 of 12 Posts