• R3 Keys d. Blinkova 6-3 6-7 6-4

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
46,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That's my favorite by the sound of it.
Why not, but be aware I'm a fan of Wozniacki and Kasatkina and rarely use that "push" word... :eek:h:

To be fair that "push fest" was mainly in the third set. Also it's disturbing to see Tsurenko limping all the time. She has a problem.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Tsurenko/Krunic was definitely the worst match I saw. I'm not particularly fixated on hitting the ball hard but they were hitting it with such little pace that you could have an entire nap before the ball landed on the other side. And it was so aimless, too.

·
Registered
23,498 Posts
some dimi matches were great, then stan/tsitipas for sure and also fed/rafa even if the old man had no chance. nole/thiem could've been better if it wasn't for heavy wind, and in the final rafa proved once again why he is the king of clay.
WTA was just utter garbage tho, nothing worth to remember. maybe kenin finally exposing williams moving like an oil tanker.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
some dimi matches were great, then stan/tsitipas for sure and also fed/rafa even if the old man had no chance. nole/thiem could've been better if it wasn't for heavy wind, and in the final rafa proved once again why he is the king of clay.
WTA was just utter garbage tho, nothing worth to remember. maybe kenin finally exposing williams moving like an oil tanker.
I can't work out whether this is an elaborate attempt to shade the ATP by picking the wind-afflicted clownshow SFs as two of your five picks :tape: One of which was completely uncompetitive and the other of which descended into a comical chokey mess even without the wind.

I mean did you even see Paire/Herbert or Herbert/Medvedev, which were ridiculously high quality and infinitely better than Federer/Nadal or Djokovic/Thiem.

Anyone not praising Mertens/Sevastova in this thread has no business watching tennis, really.

·
Registered
36,764 Posts
Petkovic/Su-Wei Hsieh should be there.

I chose the Azarenka/Naomi Osaka match (score is wrong in the poll btw) because I was there live, which was an incredible experience, plus I didn't see most of these other matches, but overall there are very few to choose from :help:.

·
Registered
36,764 Posts
I listed the best ones I watched (minus one I didn't see but made a consensus on TF, Siniaková vs Sakkari). Looking at the draw it seems I have missed some interesting ones:

R3 Stephens d. Hercog 6-3 5-7 6-4

R3 Świątek d. Puig 0-6 6-3 6-3

R2 Petkovic d. Hsieh 4-6 6-3 8-6

R2 Halep d. Linette 6-4 5-7 6-3

R2 Suárez Navarro d. Rogers 6-1 6-7 6-3

R1 Suárez Navarro d. Yastremska 2-6 7-6 6-0

and a few others...

The worst one I saw? Tsurenko d. Krunić 5-7 7-5 11-9 - an endless pushing fest. Lesia was limping (as it often happens with her) and still Aleks couldn't close it...
Stephens/Hercog was one of the most painful things I have ever witnessed :spit:.

·
Registered
24,356 Posts
Wow, I didn't jump on the "worst slam ever" train until I now see how terrible all the best matches of the tournament were. :tape:

Oh well, it's over now.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts