Tennis Forum banner

What is your favourite European Language?

• French

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • German

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • English

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Dutch

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Italian

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Slavic languages (no, I'm not naming them all)

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Norwegian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Danish

• Finnish

• Scottish

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Swedish

• Polish

• Russian

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Greek

• Spanish

Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Portugese

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Gaelic

• Welsh

• Maltese

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah OK, so I'm bored and I decided to set up this poll! ;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dutch of corrs ;)

I didn't pick Spanish 'cause I speak spanish.. I'm so used to speaking spanish! that it'd be non sense to pick it! ROFL!!!...

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehe guess that means Iva's fan picked Italian then! ;) Coz of course I picked Dutch! hehe

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think Portuguese sounds the most beautiful, although sometimes it sounds like Spanish spoken under water. German is the most cerebral, but it sounds a little too woodsy for me.

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rian_ran said:
I think Portuguese sounds the most beautiful, although sometimes it sounds like Spanish spoken under water. German is the most cerebral, but it sounds a little too woodsy for me.
I haven't heard Portugese actually. I like the sound of French and Italian, not that I understand them though! hehe

·
Registered
225 Posts
rian_ran said:
hehe, spanish spoken under water LOL!!! yes... Portuguese sounds a bit like spanish, but spanish sounds so smooth and delicate :hearts:, gee thank God I speak spanish! :)

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Isanie said:

hehe, spanish spoken under water LOL!!! yes... Portuguese sounds a bit like spanish, but spanish sounds so smooth and delicate :hearts:, gee thank God I speak spanish! :)
pff... I can't! hehe

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Iva's #1 Fan said:
wrong sarah, I picked Greek....considering I speak it and all :p :angel:
bah... Greek, Italian... close enough... you're all wogs! ;) (That was a JOKE, please don't be offended).

Isanie... hehe please don't get me started on Mark P.! ;)

·
Premium Member
181,845 Posts
guess what i voted for :p

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
*deeply offended by sarah's remarks* :p

I call myself a wog all the time so none taken! :angel:

Actually..I was having this discussion just yesterday...when Greeks came here they were the only ones called wogs, and Italians were called something else...now everyone is just lumped into the wog category! ;)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Iva's #1 Fan said:
u mean Philippoussis? Yeah his father is Greek and his mother is Italian!
oh my!! I didn't know his mother was italian! now I know why he's so hot!!! :hearts: :eek: ;)

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TheBoiledEgg said:
guess what i voted for :p
umm... Icelandic? hehehe Russian would be a safe bet I'd assume! ;)

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Iva's #1 Fan said:
*deeply offended by sarah's remarks* :p

I call myself a wog all the time so none taken! :angel:

Actually..I was having this discussion just yesterday...when Greeks came here they were the only ones called wogs, and Italians were called something else...now everyone is just lumped into the wog category! ;)
Strange, because yesterday I was having a conversation with a Polish guy at work who says his parents were called wogs when they moved here too! hehe And that was a while ago now! Italians were called "Dego's" I think...

·
Premium Member
21,310 Posts
Oh thats right...'dago' was the word...where do they get these words from?!?!?!?!

Anyway, wasnt a 'wog' another term for a cold? Old people still say "I have a nasty wog" and whenever I hear that I crack up laughing!

·
Registered
152,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Iva's #1 Fan said:
Oh thats right...'dago' was the word...where do they get these words from?!?!?!?!

Anyway, wasnt a 'wog' another term for a cold? Old people still say "I have a nasty wog" and whenever I hear that I crack up laughing!
I have no idea where these sayings come from! hehe I haven't heard that saying about the cold being a "nasty wog" though! lol

1 - 20 of 49 Posts