Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Hmm... worth noting that she was photographed at Indian Wells, her one and only tournament victory at present. Maybe that title drought is one of the reasons for her collapse in form this year.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Dani does not have a fat face there. It's the camera angle that creates that effect. Perhaps that is why Dani has lost so much weight in the last year. Her body image has been distorted by others obsessed with her weight.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hendouble said:
Hmm... worth noting that she was photographed at Indian Wells, her one and only tournament victory at present. Maybe that title drought is one of the reasons for her collapse in form this year.
No, I think her drop in weight has to do with her tournament drought because she still improved from then all the way to #5 up until IW 2003 when she lost her rankings points.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
apoet29 said:
Dani does not have a fat face there. It's the camera angle that creates that effect. Perhaps that is why Dani has lost so much weight in the last year. Her body image has been distorted by others obsessed with her weight.
I know her face isn't fat. Does anyone pick up on sarcasm on this board?? :confused: Her face looks fat compared to how slim it is now that she has lost alot of weight.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Knizzle said:
I know her face isn't fat. Does anyone pick up on sarcasm on this board?? :confused: Her face looks fat compared to how slim it is now that she has lost alot of weight.
I wasn't trying to slam you. I was just stating my opinion on it. Believe me, there are times where it can be difficult to pick up on sarcasm on this board. I agree with you that Dani has lost entirely too much weight. Unfortunately, she was billed as the next tennis superstar and I think the pressure has become too much for her.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Well, sometimes the sarcasm is a tad difficult to pick up, if you don't mind me saying so. It often seems like open abuse instead; in fact, I thought at first that the title of this thread was a pop at Hantuchova for being too fat, and said to myself: she's damned both ways, isn't she? But I see now that 'twas all in a spirit of jest.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Knizzle said:
Great insight :rolleyes: So what was the point of your thread?

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dhnet2 said:
Great insight :rolleyes: So what was the point of your thread?
To entertain the idea that her drastic weight loss has affected her results, and that the times she was playing very well, she had some meat on her bones.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Knizzle said:
To entertain the idea that her drastic weight loss has affected her results, and that the times she was playing very well, she had some meat on her bones.
Is there anyone with an interest in tennis who doesn't know this already?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Maybe it was just the last time she smiled :confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts