Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread has certainly been posted before...

Still it would be interesting to post in all interesting quotes related to tennis...( some of you have already funny ones in your signatures...)

from players, commentators, coaches, umpires,...

past or present...

kind, bitchy, clumsy, politically correct or not,cruel, nice, right, wrong...

only making sure they have really been said...

without criticizing... :angel:

Only for fun... :bounce:

I start:

"We are so much prettier than the WNBA" - Martina Hingis

"It's only a game and the game isn't me" - Monica Seles

"It was like playing a guy" - Lindsay Davenport about Mauresmo

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
"I don't know maybe it's because a lack of formal education." -Serena Williams on Martina Hingis

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
I'm paraphrasing:

"I knew it was going to be a tough match as soon as I saw the look on Steffi's face when she came out of the locker room. She'd been the French Open champion twice and wanted her title back - but I was determined not to let her."

I love the quote in From Fear To Victory as it illustrates the determination and steely nerves with which Monica fought that '92 Roland Garros epic.

What a champion.

:)

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
"I'm not here to about my private life. Im here talk about my bra" Anna Kournikova

"Im not the next Anna - I win matches" Maria Sharapova

"Maybe we should put Micheal Jackson on the list" Patty Schnyder

"Think of a question which is your buisness and ask me that" Jelena Dokic

Reactions: faboozadoo15

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
"Shall I serve first, or do you want me to break you?"-Martina Hingis to Lindsay Davenport before Lin-C beat her....

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
My signature....I don't think the Chris Evert quote is exact word for word, but you get the gist of it.

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
Lindsay on the Williams family at the 2000 Australian Open:"Who knows what's going on with that fanily.Serena's more friendly. At least she can bring herself to say hi. Venus can't-or won't-even speak. Venus likes to give the impression that she's so great, that she's 'Da Bomb,' or whatever. She can say it all she wants but that just means she doesn't have it. She gets psyched out in big matches. She's not happy with her sister winning and the pressure is falling on her."

Lindsay on Serena withdrawing from a Wimbledon match in 1998,"She was getting her ass kicked and she acted like a total wimp."(I'm paraphrasing here!-not the exact quote)

Justine Henin after beating Kournikova at the 2000 US Open,"She likes her look and everybody likes her look. But I am here to play tennis and I think that's most important. I am not here to do cinema."

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
"Lindsay on Serena withdrawing from a Wimbledon match in 1998,"She was getting her ass kicked and she acted like a total wimp."(I'm paraphrasing here!-not the exact quote) " INCOMPLETE QUOTE

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
"Lindsay on Serena withdrawing from a Wimbledon match in 1998,"She was getting her ass kicked and she acted like a total wimp."(I'm paraphrasing here!-not the exact quote) " INCOMPLETE QUOTE

Lindsay said that after she saw Serena running around during the doubles match...

Funny thing about the former quote, as "Da bomb" as won more slams than Lindsay after that point.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
for me the funniest ever:

"How much money do you have?"

Steffi Graf, to a fan that screamed "Steffi will you marry me" in the middle of the match.

·
Registered
19,165 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:

Lindsay said that after she saw Serena running around during the doubles match...

Funny thing about the former quote, as "Da bomb" as won more slams than Lindsay after that point.
Yeah, I know it's an incomplete quote, which is why I stated "not exact quote" in brackets.

It's almost like a curse; bitch about a Williams Sister and it'll come back and bite you in the ass. :devil:

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
"Almost everytime she plays me she kicks my ass" Lindsay on Serena Williams

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
"The only broad who walks off the court a winner after a Justine Henin-Hardenne match is Justine Henin-Hardenne, and that's me, baby, remember?"

She stole that one from me, but I am glad I could provide her with a good quote.

Some other good ones:

"It's a marriage bed, Lyon. Were you thinking of marriage?" Anne Welles laying on the guilt when Lyon wanted to screw her in her dead mother's house in Lawrenceville after they had been shacking up in New York City for several months.

"To hell with 'em, let 'em droop." Jennifer North, when deciding to go to bed early instead of doing her breast exercises.

"With dignity!" Neely O'Hara after my agent conned her into walking off of one of my shows and breaking her run of the play contract, when it was ME who wanted her fired.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I remember Hingis commenting on Serena having a lack of experience with boyfriends...which I believe prompted Serena to say Hingis had a lack of formal education.

"There's no reason why I shouldn't win" -- Hingis in 1997 before a match against Seles. Hingis won easily.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
still my alltime favorite quote

"some young players come out and play like 120%, really they are so convinced that they are the greatest, but don't try to speak a normal word with them after a match"

steffi being a bad loser in summer 90;)

1 - 20 of 212 Posts