Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday Practise
Beautiful weather greeted the teams for the opening day of action in Spain this morning. All eyes are focused on the Ferrari garage this morning as Barrichello and Schumacher prepare to emerge from their respective garages in the new F2003-GA.

Barrichello's first timed lap tells the story, the Brazilian instantly taking to the top of the leaderboard ahead of McLaren driver Kimi Raikkonen and Williams ace Juan Pablo Montoya. Michael Schumacher crosses the line moments after his teammate to take second place, both scarlet machines in fine form, as promised.

Ten minutes in and just nine drivers have set a timed lap. Several drivers then emerge for a flying lap, including Ralf Schumacher and Giancarlo Fisichella. Heinz-Harald Frentzen is on a flyer in his Sauber C22 and takes second spot from Schumacher. Fisichella is now up to third, also ahead of Schumacher with the second Sauber in fifth and second Jordan sixth. Meanwhile, the best Michelin shod runner is the seventh placed Jaguar of Antonio Pizzonia, who incidentally injured one of his mechanics in the earlier free testing session.

Mark Webber moves ahead of his Jaguar teammate while Ralf Schumacher slotting in behind the two Leaping Cats. The two Renault drivers are yet to take to the track after their strong performances in earlier testing. Michael Schumacher undergoes a pit stop practice, then turns his Ferrari off and climbs out. Meanwhile on track, the McLaren of David Coulthard moves into sixth place. Ralf Schumacher was on a flyer but locked a wheel and lost valuable time.

Michael Schumacher is back in his F2003-GA and emerges back onto the Spanish track. The German ace is on a flyer and reclaims his earlier second place. Cristiano da Matta is showing his bosses at Toyota how testing time on the Spanish track pays off as he storms into top spot, half a second quicker than the Ferrari of Rubens Barrichello.

A Renault finally emerges from pit lane and it's Fernando Alonso….the Spaniard, who was second quickest here earlier, slots into top spot in front of his home fans. Ralf Schumacher is also on a flying lap and the German driver records the first, second and third, fastest sector times to shatter Alonso's best time by over seven tenths of a second! Mark Webber is on another strong run also and slots the R4 into fifth place.

Jarno Trulli, the final man to appear in this session, is quick to claim top spot for Renault by a mere .015 as Olivier Panis slots his Toyota in third place with Juan Pablo Montoya in fourth. Only minutes remain and Ralf Schumacher is on another flying lap and reclaims top spot for Williams while David Coulthard puts his McLaren into third place.

Antonio Pizzonia improves to tenth place, two positions ahead of his teammate Mark Webber. The fastest second sector sees Jarno Trulli take second place from his young Spanish teammate. Webber puts in a last minutes dash to claim seventh, ahead of Pizzonia while Ferrari drivers Rubens Barrichello and Michael Schumacher finish the session in 10th and 15th places respectively.

The session comes to a close with Ralf Schumacher sitting at the top of the leaderboard, the first of seven Michelin runners with Jenson Button's BAR is the best Bridgestone runner in eighth place

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Go Fernando
Spain deserves a victory
:bounce:

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Am I the only non-pro-Ferrari???
*if yes, leaving fast the room:p*

·
41,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ferrari is incredibly strong :eek: Qualifying has started:

Code:
1.  1  M.SCHUMACHER  Ferrari             B   1'17"130  220.770 Km/h   3    
 2.  2  BARRICHELLO   Ferrari             B   1'17"218    + 0'00"088   3    
 3.  6  RAIKKONEN     McLaren Mercedes    M   1'17"862    + 0'00"732   3    
 4.  5  COULTHARD     McLaren Mercedes    M   1'18"060    + 0'00"930   3    
 5.  8  ALONSO        Renault             M   1'18"100    + 0'00"970   3    
 6.  4  R.SCHUMACHER  Williams BMW        M   1'18"409    + 0'01"279   3

·
41,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Results First Qualification:
Code:
P. No  Driver        Team - Engine    Tyres     Times      Ave/Gaps Laps   
 1.  1  M.SCHUMACHER  Ferrari             B   1'17"130  220.770 Km/h   3    
 2.  7  TRULLI        Renault             M   1'17"149    + 0'00"019   3    
 3.  2  BARRICHELLO   Ferrari             B   1'17"218    + 0'00"088   3    
 4. 21  DA MATTA      Toyota              M   1'17"443    + 0'00"313   3    
 5. 17  BUTTON        BAR Honda           B   1'17"613    + 0'00"483   3    
 6. 20  PANIS         Toyota              M   1'17"746    + 0'00"616   3    
 7. 14  WEBBER        Jaguar Cosworth     M   1'17"793    + 0'00"663   3    
 8.  6  RAIKKONEN     McLaren Mercedes    M   1'17"862    + 0'00"732   3    
 9.  5  COULTHARD     McLaren Mercedes    M   1'18"060    + 0'00"930   3    
10.  8  ALONSO        Renault             M   1'18"100    + 0'00"970   3    
11.  4  R.SCHUMACHER  Williams BMW        M   1'18"409    + 0'01"279   3    
12. 16  VILLENEUVE    BAR Honda           B   1'18"461    + 0'01"331   3    
13. 15  PIZZONIA      Jaguar Cosworth     M   1'18"528    + 0'01"398   3    
14.  3  MONTOYA       Williams BMW        M   1'18"607    + 0'01"477   3    
15. 11  FISICHELLA    Jordan Ford         B   1'18"879    + 0'01"749   3    
16. 10  FRENTZEN      Sauber Petronas     B   1'18"909    + 0'01"779   3    
17.  9  HEIDFELD      Sauber Petronas     B   1'19"050    + 0'01"920   3    
18. 12  FIRMAN        Jordan Ford         B   1'19"195    + 0'02"065   3    
19. 19  VERSTAPPEN    Minardi Cosworth    B   1'20"822    + 0'03"692   3    
20. 18  WILSON        Minardi Cosworth    B   1'21"100    + 0'03"970   3

·
Premium Member
181,840 Posts
Ferrari :D :D
new car and kick ass :bounce: :D

·
41,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pizzonia hit a mecanic in the pits :rolleyes:

and very very very bad news for the non-Michael Schumacher fans :D

Michael Schumacher is not planning to stop soon
"I will stay driving in the formula 1 for many more years, and I'm not interested yet in what will happen after my career in F1", says the 5 time worldchampion in an interview with the german newspaper 'Stuttgarter Zeitung'.

A reason to stop could be the increasing competition of the younger generation. "But we're not at that point yet. As long as the stability with Ferrari is garantueed and I'm motivated, I will be racing" continues Schumacher.

The Ferrari-driver has a contract 'till 2004 with his italian employer. Schumacher doesn't know the exact date when he retires. He hasn't decide anything about prolonging his contract, but he mentioned that he definitly won't change team.

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
185,394 Posts
per4ever said:
Pizzonia hit a mecanic in the pits :rolleyes:

and very very very bad news for the non-Michael Schumacher fans :D

Michael Schumacher is not planning to stop soon
"I will stay driving in the formula 1 for many more years, and I'm not interested yet in what will happen after my career in F1", says the 5 time worldchampion in an interview with the german newspaper 'Stuttgarter Zeitung'.

A reason to stop could be the increasing competition of the younger generation. "But we're not at that point yet. As long as the stability with Ferrari is garantueed and I'm motivated, I will be racing" continues Schumacher.

The Ferrari-driver has a contract 'till 2004 with his italian employer. Schumacher doesn't know the exact date when he retires. He hasn't decide anything about prolonging his contract, but he mentioned that he definitly won't change team.
Well, that should be motivation for the youner drivers to get better, though there are some very good young drivers out there driving for teams without the resources of Ferrari/McLaren/Williams/Jaguar

·
41,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Michael will break every possible record if he continues for several more years

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
185,394 Posts
This Mark Webber impresses me. I think he is going places. I am also a great admirer of Jason Button. I think he is much better than his team mate, if only because he can keep his cool.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I don't think Button is better then Villeneuve.

It's actualy hard to say which drivers are better, cause if you give all drivers a McLaren, Ferrari or BMW I'm sure you'll see different standings. And then we'll know which drivers have balls and which don't :cool:

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
185,394 Posts
Ilhame said:
I don't think Button is better then Villeneuve.

It's actualy hard to say which drivers are better, cause if you give all drivers a McLaren, Ferrari or BMW I'm sure you'll see different standings. And then we'll know which drivers have balls and which don't :cool:
Well, we all know that Michael has "Cahonas"! ;)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
lol

I'm a McLaren fan, but have to admit that David Coulthard doesn't have 'em. If I remember correctly he doesn't take Eau Rouge in full speed and I remember him chasing Bernoldi 17 laps long in Monaco before finally being able to pass him.
He benefits from a fast car.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts