Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Austin and Shriver are picking the Belgians, while Cronin picks Capriati/Clijsters and Bolleterri goes with Daveport/Capriati....

·
Registered
19,358 Posts
Me is picking the Belgians :D

·
Enemy of Art
14,038 Posts
Uh oh, if Nick picked the Americans, they're done for ;)

I'll go with Cronin myself, but I hope Pam and Tracy are right :)

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Capriati has played 3 night matches this Open, if I'm not mistaken, and has won them all in straight sets. She should be pretty comfortable/confident by now.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Jenn hated night matches before she got her corrective eye surgery. Who knows? I'm just hoping for some exciting matches!

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Henin/Davenport

With Henin as the US Open winner.

Ok ok, as I was writng this .. it just occured to me. Anyone of the four can win this slam. Without [email protected] I think there is going to be extra motivation and whoever keeps their emotions in check will win.

For some reason I keep also going back to Jennifer. She has never won here and I think she is hungary for a HOME SLAM.

Then again Justine has too much game.

Ah.. it's anyone's match and game.

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
Davenport/Henin-Hardenne

Lindsay wins in 3 sets.

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
I believe it will be an All Belgian final.

Go Kim!

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,207 Posts
For me, Clijsters is a big favourite against Davenport. Capriati is a slight favourite against Henin. But out of All-American, All-Belgian and Belgian-American finals, my money are firmly on Belgian-American final.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Kim is the heavy favorite over Lindsay; not only has Kim beaten Lindsay 4 times this year (3 of them in straight sets), but Lindsay could be hampered by her toe injury (we know Kim will make her run). The only chance Lindsay has is if Kim chokes.

I think the Capriati/Henin match is too close to call. Jennifer has been playing great tennis, is confident, and will have the crowd behind her. Justine is ultra-confident, though, and has momentum from the summer tournaments. Hopefully this one will live up to the hype and be a classic match!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Blegium all the way!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts