Tennis Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
TomTennis said:
Venus Williams wants to play Dementieva!!!!!....how about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sure, why not? Come n man send your pts to the manager I'm ready for the challange.

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
245 Posts

A great match played by Justine. Her backhand was flowing marvellously and serve was doing well. Not really much to say about the match actually, fabulous play from Henin-Hardenne.

Dementieva was also hitting some good shots from her backhand side, and her great speed was allowing her to got onto many balls, but Justine played every point with good concentration and was able to win the match.

MATCH STATISTICS

................HENIN-HARDENNE..............................DEMENTIEVA.................

56.............FIRST SERVE %...........47
1....................ACES...................0
3............DOUBLES FAULTS............4
16................WINNERS.................7
6..........UNFORCED ERRORS............8

·
Registered
245 Posts
ELENA DEMENTIEVA (RUS) DEF. VENUS WILLIAMS (USA) 7-5 1-6 7-6

Quite a see-saw match between the two players, moslty due to Venus's low concentration on important points in the 1st and 3rd set, while Elena kept cool and kept playing consistently throught out the whole match.

Venus blasted her way through the first 4 games of the first set, leaving Dementieva the misery of 5 points. The first set looked over and done with in Venus's favor, but Elena really started using her powerful forehand to get back to 4-4, where Venus broke Elena's serve for a 5-4 lead.

Venus served for the set, and since her serve is simply devasting, no one would of thought that Dementieva would have broken back for 5-5, which she did, thanks to a lack of concentration from Venus.

Elena then held serve and broke again to take the first set 7-5.

In the second set, Venus seemed like a completely different person, it seemed almost as if she wanted to have vengeance for the lost 1st set. Absolutely no fight in the second set, which Venus took 6-1.

Once again, Venus took an early 4-2 lead in the third set, coming to the net and playing her devastating volleys, but Elena was smart enough to understand that Venus's real weak points was her ridiculously sucky forehand. Elena battled and lead 5-4, when Venus held serve. Then, on 5-5, both players held serve to go in the tie break.

The tie break score got to 5-5, when venus hit 2 forehand out to give the match to Elena, 7-5 1-6 7-6.

·
Banned
7,113 Posts
Yes she would have been becuase it is Seles3, and she will definelty have played Venus.

but its ok if it too late. I can always wait until next week to sort out my points.

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
LOL, I won my first match against Dementieva, and she beat Venus :dance:

41 - 52 of 52 Posts