Tennis Forum banner

181 - 200 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Serena is very good at Mixed Doubles its just a shame she gets useless partners why couldn't John have played Hopman Cup or Jack Sock it basically means Serena needs a good partner for Mixed Doubles wouldn't have no problems with her teaming up with Roger for Mixed at the Australian Open & French Open before they both retire.

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #182

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #183

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Useless Tiafoe not allowed to say one word..and BB sent away after a few words :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
These back to back matches have probably got her shoulder sore but it's a good way to get her body used to playing matches again. Nice to see Serena and Roger having fun. Tiafoe shouldn't have been laughing since he's sucked this entire tournament. It was nice to see Belinda having fun too.

I also think Serena looks good and it's the waist band of her compression leggings that make her dress look kind of bulging, but the dress is actually nice. I'm so grateful for Serena and Venus to still be playing tennis.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Serena had a really hard time adjusting her level of play once Belinda upped her level in the 1st set. Her reaction time in just about every facet of her game seems to be off. However, she was smart to serve at faster pace in the 3rd. I think she was putting the ball in play 30sec faster.

Doubles match was entertaining. Serena wanted no parts of Roger at net at all. One thing i wish they had done was let Serena serve 1st. Roger serving last for the set was poor decision making.

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #187

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #188

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,114 Posts
Serena looked so sharp early on in the match..... then lost 20 of the next 22 points with atrocious errors to lose the set. :cuckoo: Up-and-down match overall, but at least there were some glimmers of excellent play. That's all that I hope for in events like this.

Tiafoe completely sucked again. :eek: It was Serena's net play that cost them the 1 break in the opening set though.

Now that they're eliminated and have no shot at advancing to the final, it won't surprise me if Serena only plays 1 match vs GBR. Her arm was clearly sore. I guess it'll depend on how she feels on Thursday.

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #190

·
Registered
139 Posts
I don’t get how the USA can’t qualify? If the Swiss team beat Greece 3-0 and USA beat Britain 3-0 that would put USA second? Or am I missing something?

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #194

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Got the win, 6-1 7-6(2). Alexis brought Olympia into the stadium for a short while, then she started making noise and he got her back out of there. :lol: Which was fine, considering Serena was dropping f-bombs at an exho. :rolls:

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Got the win, 6-1 7-6(2). Alexis brought Olympia into the stadium for a short while, then she started making noise and he got her back out of there. :lol: Which was fine, considering Serena was dropping f-bombs at an exho. :rolls:

:hysteric: Really? I love how she loses her mind in Perth

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
:hysteric: Really? I love how she loses her mind in Perth
It was too funny, just after a random point in the second set she looks over at the box and says "I can't fucking find it." Two points later, there's Olympia watching from the box! :spit: Like, she appeared to say it kinda quietly and I doubt Olympia even heard it but I was dying. :happy:

Meanwhile, Katie Boulter just aced Tiafoe...... :lol:

181 - 200 of 222 Posts