1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Not Regina! C’mon Serena, show some good form.

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm definitely ready to see if she's put in hard work during the offseason. I'm excited for the new season to start.
Me too. Really count the days.

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
I'm expecting Exho Rena to make a subpar appearance at Mubadala. Lose in 3 sets to Venus because this match is clearly rigged and "forced" to be a 3 setter. I mean last year...Serena was NOT moving...NO WAY Ostapenko didn't GIFT her intentionally that 2nd set lol. If Patrick is in Perth with Serena...I think Serena will do well. Otherwise, she'll show up with her "I need a coffee attitude". I don't care about those EXHOS. I want Serena to win the Australian Open.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I'm expecting Exho Rena to make a subpar appearance at Mubadala. Lose in 3 sets to Venus because this match is clearly rigged and "forced" to be a 3 setter. I mean last year...Serena was NOT moving...NO WAY Ostapenko didn't GIFT her intentionally that 2nd set lol. If Patrick is in Perth with Serena...I think Serena will do well. Otherwise, she'll show up with her "I need a coffee attitude". I don't care about those EXHOS. I want Serena to win the Australian Open.
By bagelling Sharapova , that would be nice or even Woz :)

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
Literally ONLY the bolded part. I dont give a fuck what happens in Mubadala or Hopman. Alls I care about is Melbourne. Been waiting for this slam seems like FOREVER

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
Literally ONLY the bolded part. I dont give a fuck what happens in Mubadala or Hopman. Alls I care about is Melbourne. Been waiting for this slam seems like FOREVER

IF Serena can stay healthy this year, and if her core/knees/shoulder/serve holds up, she should be fine on court (She still appears to be very strong physically). But, I'm worried about Richard and what's circulating around more and more: His declining health, and how it will affect her. She can either dedicate this whole year to him as a way of saying "THANK YOU DADDY for everything, etc." Or will his allegedly declining health (And possibly worse with Richard :scared:) disrupt her/Venus on their upcoming tennis season?

More than a FEW things HAVE to be in place for Venus to make that LAST legit run--health being #1, and for Serena to make that run at 2 singles slams and more WTA titles, and it's not only their health holding steady. Jehovah, please watch over the Williams Family, and make THOSE wrongs UNFAIRLY heaped onto Serena by haters RIGHT.

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Serena about Venus before the match at Mubadala

"This is going to be thrilling," Serena said. "I love that Venus and I have had the ultimate rivalry.

I have never played anyone I respect more and am wary of more than her. We, year after year and now I can say decade after decade, bring out the best in each other. Venus really brings out the best in me. It is never easy playing your best friend but she knows my game inside out and has been so successful over me so many times.

She is my role model and sister and best friend all rolled up into one. I could not be more fortunate to have her as my sister. I loved that experience. I had just gotten back into tennis after having my daughter and I really did not know what to expect.

I have to say I surprised myself. I looked forward to being back and surprising myself again."

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hopman Cup

Monday (31 December)
04:00
S. Williams - Sakkari (USA - Greece)
05:30
Tiafoe - Tsitsipas (USA - Greece)
07:00
S. Williams / Tiafoe - Sakkari / Tsitsipas (USA - Greece)

(european time)

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^^^Related to the schedule being released, Jarmere is on his way to Australia as of this afternoon. :)

Edit: Mastermind is also on his way to Perth as of this evening.
So no PM and no Jarmere in Mubadala. Expected.

·
Registered
19,207 Posts
It's known that Serena needs a little preparation. She will be alright for AO. :yeah:

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #20