Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That was f´cking EXCRUCIATING
to watch as a nearly 14 year Jennifer fan. My god. I now know what Hingis fans felt like during the AO 2002 final. It is so incredibly depressing. I honestly wonder if Jen's historically fragile psyche can handle this or if she will take a step back from the game. I have loved jen since the moment I saw her play the Family Circle Cup in spring 1990 and I am feeling for her. I like Henin but I feel at her age she has so many more chances. Jen is not over the hill, but I wonder if this was it, given her incredibly awful record against players ranked above her the past 2 seasons.

It just makes me sick. Why did she choke like that? It was so predictable. I hate to be so negative but each time she was up I kept thinking...don't get your hopes up - she can't close a tough 3 setter in a huge match on a huge occassion. I hate being right when it comes to shit like that.

Jen needs a sports psychologist. She is simply way too good to lose these matches. God, it was so jana novotna.

·
Registered
8,809 Posts
As a Martina fan, I feel your pain :sad: She had 2 chances to serve out the match, but...:eek:

·
63,652 Posts
Yes, I understand now that how Hingis fans felt after Hingis lost in Australian Open Final 2002.

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
She played amazing tennis today, really! just not on the real crucial moments. I feel your pain, really. No one deserves to lose after such a battle

·
Registered
941 Posts
I wanna die... u know this is so sad

·
Registered
941 Posts
JEN... I feel this is the end of her tennis career...

I don´t think she will get over

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
I feel your pain cause it was bad, really bad. It was like Jen gift wrapped her service games and handed them to Justine on a platter and said here I don't want it. It was painful to watch. :sad:

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
As a Williams fan, I was truly pulling for Jenn. She was my gal. Now, I'm back perturbed with her like I was two years ago.

Choker.

Sorry, but your fave let me down......again.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Seriously Jen, you broke my heart...

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
she will be back! I am sure. She has made huge progress over the last months.
Stay positive FandeJen!

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
it happens. jelena lost a 5-1 lead against pierce so i can sympathise but that just the way women's tennis is cos they dont serve that great esp. jelena and cappy.

·
63,652 Posts
I don't know how handle with myself for next few days :sad:

·
63,652 Posts
SM said:
it happens. jelena lost a 5-1 lead against pierce so i can sympathise but that just the way women's tennis is cos they dont serve that great esp. jelena and cappy.
She is one of my fave player but I don't feel sorry for Jelena...

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,894 Posts
AlexSydney said:
I don't know how handle with myself for next few days :sad:
Oh I can imagine....I know how mad I was at the French when Serena lost and then I had to go to work. It was just a shitty day. :(

·
Registered
941 Posts
I wanna shoot myself right now... this is an awful feeling

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
lol rocketta it must be hard being a serena fan...esp when she actually loses a match! ;) i hope u didnt get too down about it dude.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
:lol: Jen fans, don't shoot ur self, us Marti fans will always have those 4 match points replayed over and over and over in our mind as long as we can remember in the game of tennis.

·
Registered
941 Posts
at least Jen didn´t have match points..... if not the pain will be more intense

Reactions: Filadidas

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,493 Posts
It was sad to see Jennifer lose such a close match, but seriously I think that we need to put things into perspective. Jen has *3* slams - That is an amazing feat. Sure she is capable of even more, but a couple of years ago I would say that most people would never believe Jennifer had the motivation or drive to accomplish what her talent and potential showed she was capable of, which is winning grand slam titles, and being the #1 ranked player out there. Now that she has done both of those things, it seems so easy these days to become greedy and expect so much more, so I think we need to look at the bigger picture and try and look at the positives. Jennifer won the New Haven title, she pushed Justine to a final set tiebreaker - She has had some struggles this season, but she is playing better again, and if she can build on her New Haven title and get back into the reminder of what it feels like to win the titles, I think she will be back on the right track again - She is more mature now, and she will rebound :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Randy H --- you hit the nail on the head...!! :yeah:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts