Tennis Forum banner

281 - 287 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
I don't hate Halep. She's a good player and fun to watch, love her personality.
But sometimes her fake louder grunt make me annoyed.

and the worst, her fan who always clap and yell "SI-Mo-NA, SI-MO-NA, SI-MO-NA"
Tennis without fans?

No fake gruntings, her grunt ain't as worse as Sharapova's (Azarenka's).

I remember when Halep first went on her big run in 2013, the hype was completely ridiculous - people hailed her as the new Henin. Months later in 2014, she of course didn’t live up to that, and IMO people wanted her to fail off the back of that, including me.

Halep has been probably the only consistent “top” player we have had on the tour on the past couple of years, and the Wimbledon F last year was very much a redeeming moment for her in terms of her being hailed as a choker with no guts, but I think most outside of her fan-base still have the feeling that she probably wouldn’t have been a contender if she peaked back in the 00s.
Bullshit, the 00s was poorer than the last decade which was the top era. Halep's was just, blind haters, you will see when tennis resumes she is gonna win at least 3 more Slams! Halep's consistency has been unbelievable and only now she will start achieving. Wait and see... You are certainly not aware of her! I don't understand why you comment if you don't watch whole female tennis.

You don't say anything about the hype of unproven youngsters, don't you? Halep was linking victories, winning trophies, playing Slam finals, the current players have blackouts.

·
Registered
415 Posts
rite player.
I wish more of the players had fans like Halep's. Fans like Halep's introduce a lot of energy into the matches.
Unfortunately, Simona is looking at the end of her career in about 2 or 3 years. Short girls lose their foot speed at about 30 y/o, and Halep will be 29 this summer.
It's very unfortunate for Halep to lose a year, at the end of her career, due to coronavirus. Simona had a great start this year with a semi-final run
Not gonna happen, tennis and sports are different today. Until about 35 years old I can't see such an athlete decreasing much. Watching videos of Halep, she looks very fit and hungry, and hard-working.

Sharapova disappeared because of "medicine", today the training methods are different. Also the recovery is different.

I know female athletes in other sports looking like Simona, who are running at best even at 36-37. In tennis you don't even have to run so much.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
If you are defensive player, you will be dragged through the mud anyway. They do the same thing to Svitolina and have done it to Wozniacki. Both Elina and Caroline are two of the sweetest girls.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
In spite of all the reasons people mention, it probably boils down to relevance according to this formula, where h is hate:
No reason why Svitolina should be hated but somehow Maljackson and Moonballpusher get their panties in a knot the moment Svitolina is in the third round of any tournament.

281 - 287 of 287 Posts