Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently, I have noticed that the dislike for Halep on this board is weirdly...disproportionate and excessive. She seems to legitimately have more haters than Serena and Sharapova combined. :lol:

I mean, like everybody else, I've poked my fair share of fun at Halep for being so hyped and so slamless simultaneously :)oh:), but I genuinely believe that the collective anti-Halep sentiment on here is unjust.

I was reading through the thread concerning Halep's loss to Stosur at Roland Garros, and although a few of the posts have now been deleted, the venom towards Halep in that thread was :help:

Like, there are certain players whose haters on here are justified in having disdain for them (Genie comes to mind), but Halep has never shown signs of bad sportswomanship or general malice.

So... what gives?

·
Registered
16,449 Posts
why invite the anti-halep crowd by opening a topic such as this?
Don't they have enough topics to make fun of her? Are you a Halep fan?

·
Registered
13,750 Posts
Nothing :lol:

Maybe just lack a clear kill shot in her game, a la Serena's serve, Steffi's forehand, Ajde's forehand, etc., which obviously means she's a weaponless pusher with no talent. :eek:h:

The complacency and apparent lack of motivation/desire she demonstrates at times is admittedly a bit annoying.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why invite the anti-halep crowd by opening a topic such as this?
Don't they have enough topics to make fun of her? Are you a Halep fan?
Because the widespread hate for her on TF seems excessive and unfounded, and I am genuinely interested in the varying points of view that could explain it? :shrug:

Regarding my feelings on Halep; I'm indifferent to to her - neither a fan nor a detractor (although you could call me a casual fan, depending on who her opponent is :eek:h:).

·
Registered
6,332 Posts
Her fanbase is irritating AF and she does not having a killer shot or attacking game to be praised, that's the problem for many players in TF.

But she is a nice humble girl with a charming smile and a quite effective game nevertheless. :shrug:
I somewhat loved and hated at the same time what she did by the second half of 2013. :lol:

·
Registered
822 Posts
People always have haters when they are successful, it's nothing new...my question is when does it actually become excessive...I would not consider myself a hater, but I certainly dislike her or at least what she she did there at the Rogers Cup against Bencic, it just left a bad taste in my mouth, but she is certainly a talented player...

·
Registered
15,425 Posts
Her fanbase is irritating AF and she does not having a killer shot or attacking game to be praised, that's the problem for many players in TF.

But she is a nice humble girl with a charming smile and a quite effective game nevertheless. :shrug:
I somewhat loved and hated at the same time what she did by the second half of 2013. :lol:
she can only be praised of things some posters deem praiseworthy... could be one of the problems right there.

·
Registered
15,425 Posts
People always have haters when they are successful, it's nothing new...my question is when does it actually become excessive...I would not consider myself a hater, but I certainly dislike her or at least what she she did there at the Rogers Cup against Bencic, it just left a bad taste in my mouth, but she is certainly a talented player...
what did she do against Bencic? Isnt that where Halep retired with heat illness?

·
Registered
822 Posts
what did she do against Bencic? Isnt that where Halep retired with heat illness?
She left the court way too many times IMO...that she never be allowed...every player had to deal with the heat ...

·
Registered
35,934 Posts
1 - 20 of 287 Posts