Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've not been around here for quite some time, but I still lurk every now and again.

I was looking at the Wiki thread ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_records_of_the_Open_Era_%E2%80%93_Women%27s_Singles#Match_wins_per_Grand_Slam_event ) on open era singles records and noticed a lot of mistakes, primarily concerning the wonderful Evonne Goolagong, so I signed up to edit the thread and I was hoping to get some help here.

Does anyone have any knowledge of where I might be able to find these stats on Evonne:

Titles per court type
Indoor titles
Outdoor titles
Career match wins per court type
Winning percentage per court type
Year-End Championships record/percentage

Thank you in advance. I hope all is swell!

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Hello all. I've not been around here for quite some time, but I still lurk every now and again.

I was looking at the Wiki thread ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_records_of_the_Open_Era_%E2%80%93_Women%27s_Singles#Match_wins_per_Grand_Slam_event ) on open era singles records and noticed a lot of mistakes, primarily concerning the wonderful Evonne Goolagong, so I signed up to edit the thread and I was hoping to get some help here.

Does anyone have any knowledge of where I might be able to find these stats on Evonne:

Titles per court type
Indoor titles
Outdoor titles

Thank you in advance. I hope all is swell!
I am surprised you could not get that information on Wikopedia. Search Evonne Goolagong. They give those results for most great players. The list you highlighted is BS, in that they do not count players stats before 68. Women's tennis was always OPEN as there was no women's Pro Tour. Open tennis only applies to men's tennis. The WTA seem more interested in glorifying modern players over the pre 68 players. Not fair, IMO. Probably the main reason is because Margreat Court would be on top of just about every winning list.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts

Titles per court type
Indoor titles
Outdoor titles

Thank you in advance. I hope all is swell![/QUOTE

Goolagong surface rsults:

Hard court wins- 13
Clay 20
Grass 38
Carpet 15