Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://archive.org/details/advantageborg

You have to go to the very end, it's only a few seconds, but very cute and awkward. I wish it would have been Evonne, but she got her dance off with cute BB in 1980 (is there any footage of that around)?

Also, did Wimbledon used to consider the winner of game at 8 all, the winner of the set, nine games to eight? When did this stop?

·
25,282 Posts
resistance is futile whenever the ladies saw borg dance
LOL-so true Rodzilla!

The ladies loved the Borg. He had a large appetite for them as well. A rare case of no groupies for him was at an event in Spain, still very conservative in the mid 1970s. Bjorn had no company and couldn't even find a lady of the evening.

I forget where I read that story.

You have to go to the very end, it's only a few seconds, but very cute and awkward. I wish it would have been Evonne, but she got her dance off with cute BB in 1980 (is there any footage of that around)?
Very cute. Thanks for posting Mark. :)
Also, did Wimbledon used to consider the winner of game at 8 all, the winner of the set, nine games to eight? When did this stop?
When the tiebreak was first introduced in England and Wimbledon it was at 8 games all for the first few years.

There are other tennis gems on that site. One was an interview with Chris Evert from 1985.

·
Registered
9,514 Posts
LOL-so true Rodzilla!

The ladies loved the Borg. He had a large appetite for them as well. A rare case of no groupies for him was at an event in Spain, still very conservative in the mid 1970s. Bjorn had no company and couldn't even find a lady of the evening.

I forget where I read that story.
It's in "Twenty Years of Open Tennis" by Richard Evans. Except it wasn't that he couldn't even find a "professional," it's that she wanted $100 (in 1975 monies!) to play doubles with him. Apparently, even the Borg find something they don't want to assimilate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts